2017 Dom. Joseph Voillot Pommard VV - under the radar this producer?!

2017 Dom. Joseph Voillot, Pommard VV

Nicely accessible already. Comes in 2017 completely from the lot ‚Les Cras‘. Seductive perfume of violet and a basket of red fruits like strawberry&raspberry, pomegranate and red currant. Shows power with tannins which are distinctive, but on the other hand all is wrapped in silk. And alll ends with a lovely lush fruit.

I am impressed! It cost 40 Euro which is not is not peanuts by any means, but for Burgundy and for the quality in the glass it seems a bargain.

I have ordered a six-pack from Dom. Voillot and all from 2017. Stay tuned for further impressions.

· Pommard Village
· 1er Crus Volnay Fremiets
· 1er Cru Volnay Champans
· 1er Cru Pommard Pézerolles
· 1er Cru Pommard Rugiens
· Bourgogne rouge

IMG_0631.jpg
Cheers,
Martin

I get the impression that Voillot has picked up steam and quality in the last few years. Thanks for the fine TN, Martin

Haere Ra

Mike

I picked up some 2016s - the Volnay VV and the Volnay Cailleret 1er. Both were extremely good, with sensuous floral and red fruited noses and medium weight but dense palates. The VV showed some nice tannins after a few hours, the Caillerets a bit more of everything (intensity, fruit, length, tannin). I was impressed. Picked up a few more to cellar, and found a couple of ‘99 Champans to see how these might age.

Reviving this.
Did you by any chance try the Champans yet?

I did, but don’t forget I posted it in 2020. I have to look whether I have some notes. Stay tuned…