Scarecrow allocation

I received my allocation letter today.
750’s @$400
Mag @$1,500
Etched 3L 1 of 85 for $5,000

I didn’t know about any 3L bottles. Anyone ever been offered?

Good to see they didn’t raise the price again this year. This is one I will buy as long as I can afford to. Definitely in for a 3 pack.

The mag premium is crazy

With that 3L markup, you could get another mag and a 750 and save a hundred bucks.

Yep, but my allocation is down though.

I have 2005-2008 and 2013-2016 in the cellar. Really thinking about passing on this one.

I think production is down…I received the same allocation as the OP. Over 10 years on the list…

me too
I have no qualms–I can’t afford what I bought last year anyway.

I hear ya…

Actually, last year was $1050/3-pack ($350/btl).

$1050 for a 3 pack/$350 bottle was the 2015 vintage
Last year (2016 vintage @ $400/bottle) was $1,200 + $93 tax + $41 CA shipping, totaled $1,334 for 1 delivered 3 pack.

Good to hear that… my importer here in Europe sold it for $475 incl. taxes/shipping (vs the $445 incl. taxes/shipping mailing list price). I thought the difference would have been bigger or said the other way round: I thought my importer takes a far bigger margin.

You’re correct. My bad. Looked back too far in my emails.

I do wonder what a retailer gets it for overseas. A friend is gets it for well under $1k for a 3 pack with his retail license and then resells it at his shop.

I feel kind of bad since my allocation isn’t until next Tuesday and I have been on the list for some time and have always bought three bottles as well as the M. Etian. I thought it was interesting in my notice that they said failure to participate would push someone to the end of the waitlist.

The 3L at $5k is some tater pricing.

I thought about that too, and changed it in my mind to - “If you don’t spend $1,334 this year, you won’t get/have to spend $1,334 next year”.

$2668 saved.

Haven’t seen an offer letter from Scarecrow yet but I did get their email about the offer coming. I guess they send them out in waves. Since I have only been on the list for 2 years I want to stock up for several more more years especially with a great 2018 vintage coming next year.

Good to know. I always thought that they would give a retailer about 25% margin. i.e. 900 instead of 1200 for a three pack (or in earlier years, when it was cheaper even lower). I guess that sums up with your friend getting it for below 1k.

Does anyone know what scores it got from the critics (especially WA since it is the score that seems to move the market)?