First time wine fridge buyer

Hello, berserkers! I’m new-ish to the forums and relatively new to wine in general. I had bottles of 2008 Dom Perignon and 2008 Winston Churchill side by side in November and have found myself rapidly falling down the rabbit hole (wine bottle) ever since. I have close to 100 bottles now and am starting to get older bottles/new bottles that need cellared. I found an n’finity Pro locally on craigslist but after reading reviews from ~2015 (I couldn’t find anything newer) I backed out of the sale based on what others have said about the quality. I couldn’t find a newer thread recommending a fridge so I’m starting a new one. Please direct me to a recent source if one exists. So my question is: what unit would you recommend for 25-50 bottles of varying varietals that will only need to last 3-5 years until I have a home that I can actually build a space out to hold more?

Thank you in advance for your time and recommendations!

Nick

1 Like

How much was the nfinity?

If you really want only that much capacity the whirlpool ones from target aren’t bad. I’d consider a bigger fridge from Costco, though, the Artevino, as you’ll probably need more storage than you think.

Got a Danby in 2008 that holds a few cases, still going strong without any sign of failing!

That said, get offsite storage - wine fridges are just an expensive patch if you’re truly addicted.

It was $450 and I had to transport it. The seller couldn’t tell me how old it was.

The Artevino are nice

I have bought 3 large Eurocaves from Wine Enthusiast. What I love about the unit is low, to minimal maintenance and peace of mind that it’s going to last for decades with only the charcoal filters to replace. Welcome to the forum it’s always nice to have someone new that’s just getting into wine. It’s such an exciting time and there are so many wines to try.

Nick…I echo post above to look at Costco…very reasonable pricing and should definitely bridge you until a larger decision or home cellar. Lowes and Home Depot also carry.

I’ve had good luck with the GE Monogram undercounter wine reserves. When fully stocked they hold 52 bottles, regardless of what the reported capacity is.

I have a Eurocave as well. Other than their great track record, the adjustment of the shelving to accommodate large champagne bottles such as Dom and Krug was my main reason for purchasing.

Which eurocave model accommodates dom/Krug on the standard shelves?

I have most of mine on the metal flat roll out shelves, pretty sure on the standard model this included two of these

So not all the shelves accommodate them? I’m debating whether it makes sense to get one as a champagne fridge. Probably doesn’t because it isn’t enough capacity.

I have the EuroCave Pure. All my shelves are at different levels to accommodate different sized bottles.

My capacity is quite a bit lower than what I would like, but unless you have all Bordeaux sized bottles, you probably aren’t going to get the number of bottles Eurocave states is capacity

I also have the Eurocave Pure and I’ve been very satisfied with it

I will also Echo the recommendation to check out Costco online to see what is available. one of our wine group members just bought a wine cooler through Costco and saved a bunch.

Anything that uses a Cellar Pro cooling unit.
Best, Jim

I JUST had one delivered from Costco yesterday and it was kind of a disaster. The dispatcher scheduling the delivery was rude, and rescheduled the day before because someone called in sick. Then when they came, they wouldn’t take it to the room I wanted it in — they’d only bring it just inside the door. Despite advertising “white glove” delivery. And they also didn’t unpack it, as I’m used to with white glove. I had to hire someone to help me move it to the right room, and when we got it there and unpacked it, we found that it was broken (the bottom of the door where the hinge interfaces is broken). The Costco customer service person said the only option is return/exchange, no repair, and they can’t guarantee that the pickup person will remove it from the room I have it in because that’s not part of the service. So I guess I’m now stuck hiring someone again to move it to the front room just so I can return it.

I’m a huge Costco fan, and this seemed like a great bang/buck cabinet, but I’m not impressed with the experience…

I recently bought the FranceCave, thru Home Depot but from WE. After a lot of research, the Artevino and Franecave are pretty similar. However, i was able to get a good price on the Francecave. That being said, the first unit was delivered with a large gash in the side so they replaced it and took some $ off so that helped. I don’t think you can go wrong.

Francecave is also sold at Costco?