Please buy at the Crush progressive sale so there is nothing left for me . . .

Tasting notes, varietals, grapes - anything related to wine
J a y H a c k
GCC Member
GCC Member

Please buy at the Crush progressive sale so there is nothing left for me . . .

#1 Post by J a y H a c k » February 12th, 2020, 12:32 pm

The Crush progressive sale starts today. Traditionally, I wait until the last day and gobble up the bargains. I need you guys and gals to help me out this year. I have no room in my cellar and the waiting list, represented by cases on the cellar floor, is out of hand. I need the rest of you to buy as much as possible so there is nothing left for me tomorrow. Please . . . I'm begging you . . . My marriage depends on it.

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming.
Yes, that's a DM of 1978 Mouton!

You can read my Financial Institutions Law Blog at https://www.gdblaw.com/blog?practiceID=4985.

jason stein
GCC Member
GCC Member

Re: Please buy at the Crush progressive sale so there is nothing left for me . . .

#2 Post by jason stein » February 12th, 2020, 12:38 pm

I haven't purchased anything in all of... (checks calendar)... 7 days, and then this sale comes along to ruin my streak. Lots of good deals on day 1 already, the PYCM in particular is a very solid price.
instagram: @jtswine

JIMCOH
GCC Member
GCC Member

Re: Please buy at the Crush progressive sale so there is nothing left for me . . .

#3 Post by JIMCOH » February 12th, 2020, 5:26 pm

J a y H a c k wrote:
February 12th, 2020, 12:32 pm
The Crush progressive sale starts today. Traditionally, I wait until the last day and gobble up the bargains. I need you guys and gals to help me out this year. I have no room in my cellar and the waiting list, represented by cases on the cellar floor, is out of hand. I need the rest of you to buy as much as possible so there is nothing left for me tomorrow. Please . . . I'm begging you . . . My marriage depends on it.

You're not very serious, Jay. You didn't even post a link for me to find the sale. [snort.gif]
Jim Cohen

J a y H a c k
GCC Member
GCC Member

#4 Post by J a y H a c k » February 12th, 2020, 6:49 pm

JIMCOH wrote:
February 12th, 2020, 5:26 pm
J a y H a c k wrote:

You're not very serious, Jay. You didn't even post a link for me to find the sale. [snort.gif]
Sorry. I got it by email and didn't think of it. Here it is.

https://www.crushwineco.com/features/fe ... rm=website
Yes, that's a DM of 1978 Mouton!

You can read my Financial Institutions Law Blog at https://www.gdblaw.com/blog?practiceID=4985.

Juliec

#5 Post by Juliec » February 12th, 2020, 9:21 pm

There is a sale on wine everyday. This one is not that much different. When would buy from Crush again? Once I received the orders that I already purchased at the “last sale?” Lesson learned, do not purchase pre-arrival..... have no clue when the ‘bottles will arrive’. (Does anyone know when too long is too long with Crush and what the general policy is for these crazy pre-arrival purchases?)
hong

Mike C.

#6 Post by Mike C. » February 12th, 2020, 9:55 pm

Juliec wrote:
February 12th, 2020, 9:21 pm
There is a sale on wine everyday. This one is not that much different. When would buy from Crush again? Once I received the orders that I already purchased at the “last sale?” Lesson learned, do not purchase pre-arrival..... have no clue when the ‘bottles will arrive’. (Does anyone know when too long is too long with Crush and what the general policy is for these crazy pre-arrival purchases?)
On the second day, you can get to WS global low, which is better than most other sales, so I do look out for this one every six months. I haven't really had an issue with getting pre-arrival wines from Crush (but I'm not usually in much of a rush), and they have usually provided me with some estimate.
h@0

AAgrawal
GCC Member
GCC Member

#7 Post by AAgrawal » February 12th, 2020, 10:56 pm

Why does it say at the top Day 1 of 2? Is it only a 2 day sale? I thought this goes for a few more days usually.
A s h i s h A g r a w a l

Juliec

#8 Post by Juliec » February 13th, 2020, 4:26 am

Mike C. wrote:
February 12th, 2020, 9:55 pm
On the second day, you can get to WS global low, which is better than most other sales, so I do look out for this one every six months. I haven't really had an issue with getting pre-arrival wines from Crush (but I'm not usually in much of a rush), and they have usually provided me with some estimate.
thanks mike for the tip. (They gave me the generic it will be 3-5 months, and it will be after Jan 1) :). Just hoping it doesn’t turn into years.
hong

Mich@el Ch@ng
GCC Member
GCC Member

#9 Post by Mich@el Ch@ng » February 13th, 2020, 5:06 am

These sales can be a really good deal; nothing too exciting this time unless you really want large formats. I got a macallan 25 last year for 1200 something and 16 Ramonet Boudriotte Blanc for 99.

Dennis Atick

#10 Post by Dennis Atick » February 13th, 2020, 5:16 am

I like Crush, but sometimes feel the same about their sales as I do Zachys sales.
@decaturwinedude

T. Williams

#11 Post by T. Williams » February 13th, 2020, 10:30 am

I looked and there wasn't anything on my "must buy" list. In general the prices looked decent, but the bottles just didn't get me very excited. I do like Crush, but the best deals are normally on sourcing hard-ish to find bottles that pop up in the email offers.

TW
Tim W.
Proud Member: Young and Spendy

MikeL238

#12 Post by MikeL238 » February 13th, 2020, 11:03 am

So like a novice, I purchased a bottle yesterday only to find out that the same bottle is discounted even more today. Anyone happen to know if they'll refund the difference? Not a big difference, but still.
Mike Leigh

Mike C.

#13 Post by Mike C. » February 13th, 2020, 11:12 am

MikeL238 wrote:
February 13th, 2020, 11:03 am
So like a novice, I purchased a bottle yesterday only to find out that the same bottle is discounted even more today. Anyone happen to know if they'll refund the difference? Not a big difference, but still.
Doubt it--that's the whole point of the sale. The bottle you bought could have sold out yesterday, so you gamble between buying on the first day or the second day.
h@0

Mike R
GCC Member
GCC Member

#14 Post by Mike R » February 13th, 2020, 11:14 am

MikeL238 wrote:
They won't. The sale works by offering higher and higher discounts each day. The idea being that you want to buy before it sells out.
... 0 p 3 r

Mich@el Ch@ng
GCC Member
GCC Member

#15 Post by Mich@el Ch@ng » February 13th, 2020, 11:21 am

Missed the barthods, too late. Got angerville, jamet, and duroche.

MikeL238

#16 Post by MikeL238 » February 13th, 2020, 11:22 am

Mike R wrote:
February 13th, 2020, 11:14 am
MikeL238 wrote:
They won't. The sale works by offering higher and higher discounts each day. The idea being that you want to buy before it sells out.
Clearly new to this. Wish I had read their e-mail more carefully haha. Thank you!
Mike Leigh

Mich@el Ch@ng
GCC Member
GCC Member

#17 Post by Mich@el Ch@ng » February 13th, 2020, 1:49 pm

A little annoyed I didn’t log in at 1, tho.

Mich@el Ch@ng
GCC Member
GCC Member

#18 Post by Mich@el Ch@ng » February 13th, 2020, 2:54 pm

Brovia villiero is a nice deal too.

Jim Stewart
GCC Member
GCC Member

#19 Post by Jim Stewart » February 14th, 2020, 6:46 am

J a y H a c k wrote:

FYI, Jay - 2018 A.J. Adam Riesling Kabinett Dhron Hofberg on sale @ $17.95
Age merely shows what children we remain.
-Goethe

But I've just noticed that my mind is asleep.
-Rimbaud

Shay h arnoy

#20 Post by Shay h arnoy » February 14th, 2020, 7:32 am

So is this supposed to be declining in price still? I haven't anything amazing but am tracking a few.

Markus S

#21 Post by Markus S » February 14th, 2020, 7:42 am

Shay h arnoy wrote:
February 14th, 2020, 7:32 am
So is this supposed to be declining in price still? I haven't anything amazing but am tracking a few.
Gone now. Two and done.
$ _ € ® e . k @

Paul McCourt
GCC Member
GCC Member

#22 Post by Paul McCourt » February 17th, 2020, 10:28 am

Jim Stewart wrote:
February 14th, 2020, 6:46 am
J a y H a c k wrote:

FYI, Jay - 2018 A.J. Adam Riesling Kabinett Dhron Hofberg on sale @ $17.95
I grabbed some of that
PauLeeeenda 2020: Tasty Waves and a Cool Buzz for America

Return to “Wine Talk”