Drink Rhone

Does anyone read this? Was wondering if it’s worth the funds (Its not much, $50 maybe).

http://www.drinkrhone.com

Any other sources for Rhone wines, particularly Northern?

Best source on Northern Rhone bar none.

It’s simply fantastic. I don’t really follow Southern Rhône but I don’t have much trouble saying that if Northern Rhône is of interest to you then this site is the best resource out there.

Good twitter feed-

Signing up.

Thanks, all.

If you like Northern and/ or Southern Rhone wines, you also like traditionally made wines, Jeb Dunnock’s palate is not yours, and you want to follow a reviewer, I’d say Livingstone is your best bet.

I’ve subscribed a couple of months ago. I like the notes and the vintage reviews, but the website could be improved, there are some features missing (or that I haven’t found).
For instance (pet-peeve #1) I can’t sort by “Latest Tasting Notes”. The home page shows the last 3 notes written on the website, but I can’t ask to read more notes in chronological order. If I missed something, I’m less likely to read it now. That’s especially the case if JLL revisits an older wine.
Search function could be improved also but probably minor.

In short, gimme JLL’s notes and reports on Northern Rhone and Jeff Leve’s website !

Agreed. From my very limited experience Jeb is a very nice guy, but our palates are pretty different.

Is Dunnock’s palate more New World?

Had Jeb but just didn’t align. Also felt that his scores were inflated compared to what I thought of the higher scoring stuff.

New world/riper.

It’s not new world, so much. He started as a Southern Rhone enthusiast. But he always like big, ripe wines and also wines made with modernist techniques, and, particularly, what I will call Cambie styled wines (though some wines that have Cambie as an oenologist are Cambier than others, so think Clos St. Jean or Isabel Ferrando’s wines). His scores are “inflated” because he is a true enthusiast. I think if your tastes run in his direction, he will be a good critic for you. There’s no question about how widely he tastes.

I agree 100% on the “latest notes” thing. I’ve sent JLL an e-mail about it. He clearly has limited time and funds for the tech side of the operation, and has dealt with some significant and unfortunate challenges lately.

That said, it’s still an indispensable resource and one of the great bargains in wine criticism.

Also sent an email but yeah didn’t get an answer nor expect a change.
That’s ok, aside from that it is indeed a great resource. First time I subscribe and pay for wine content.

Wonderful post. We’ll put