VHR 2017 release

Got the email and letter that this opens up tomorrow. Anyone have any additional notes on the 2017 VHR release?

This is what came in the VHR email from AG

“Pliant, supple and beautifully radiant, the 2017 has so much to offer. Silky tannins and plush, racy fruit are two of the many signatures in this exceptionally polished, sensual wine. The 2017 is an unbelievably beautiful, sensual Cabernet with tons of potential”

— Antonio Galloni (Vinous)

Points are on their website if that matters to you. I find the wines intriguing, but sort of spendy. On the fence.

The 2016 is probably the best Cabernet, from a potential perspective, I have yet had from California.

Will be hard to top that one, but I will likely get a 3 pack.

Not the final review that they are using without numbers in their solicitations, but rather just AG’s 2018 1st pass range.

It’s a tough decision but I am going to pass on tomorrow’s offer. I’d rather save my cash and wait for next year. By all early indications, 2018 is going to be a banner year in Napa.

My thinking exactly. That and I ended up w 2 cases of the 2016. Whoops.

I’m going to pass and hopefully still be on the list for the 2018 vintage.

Bought a 3-pack, down from 2 last year

Got my 3-pack!

My thoughts exactly especially after tasting the 2018 VHR Keplinger & Memento Mori barrel samples. However that could change if I have an opportunity to taste the 2017…