2016 Christopher Tynan Release

Just got the release note. Anyone had a chance to try? Wonder how they compare to previous years?

Just got the release save-the-date email as well. Funny how this release changed from Fall to Spring last year; now it seems like its a Winter release this year.

Given the iconic vintage, I’m most likely in for a 3-pk of the Cabernet. I really enjoyed tasting with Chris last year, and his wines are always unique and special.

I think the closest most of us have had is the crazy Les Sucriers Velours - and if that was 50% from this vintage, I’m 100% in.

After opening a 2014 cab and a 2015 syrah, I’m all in on the cab and partial syrah allocation like last year.

Release is out today. Really excited for this one.

Great accolades on the syrah. My allocation got quite a bump from last year but I’m going in for 3 of each.

This is one of the releases that I am most excited about every year. I went all in on both the syrah and cab. It’s one of the easiest buys I make every year.

I also wished the max, but then I heard from a buddy who was in Napa for PNV that met up with Chris, who told him that he will most likely sell out. So we’ll see if any of the wishes come through.

I know that there were only 75 cases of the Cab and about 100 cases of the Syrah, so we’re talking about micro production levels.

For those of you who don’t know Chris Tynan, he is also the Head of Winemaking at Cliff Lede, and has been there for almost 10 years.

Chris is easily making one of the best cabs in Napa and also one of the best Syrah’s in the U.S. This is no exaggeration. If you don’t believe me, just try a bottle of either. The cool thing with these wine is that from a QPR perspective, they are killer. $235 for the Cab and $75 for the Syrah. I think his cab easily drinks at or above the level of every $500+ bottle made in Napa. So the fact that you can get seriously good value here is also a plus. I would much rather have 2 of these then say 1 colgin or 1 abreu, etc…

+1. I’d love to go all in but went for 3 cabs and 3 syrah.
Interesting the mags have sold out before the 750s.

I’m guessing you may get your wish list items. I received the offer today and was offered 6 of each. When I signed up I did not realize the cab was selling at $235. I have enjoyed many Cliff Lede wines but at $235/btl it’s a hard pass. I’m sure the wine is good to great but I don’t need to be adding another $150+ bottle wine to my cellar. By passing on this offer, I also avoid triggering alimony. [grin.gif] [grin.gif]

Received my 1st offer today. I’m in for 3 Syrah. I signed up based on the high praise from the WB community for Chris Tynan. Thanks for the guidance!

A recent 3pk purchase of the ‘16 LLC ate up my budget for the cab of this release. I’ll prob end up purchasing a 3pk of the Syrah though.

anyone want to sell 1 bottle of the cab at cost + shipping please PM me.

filled thanks