TN: Schioppettino

Schioppettino is not a grape I’m terribly familiar with even though it’s not even a genuinely obscure variety. But I noticed an Eugenio Collavini Turian Schioppettino 2012 (13,5% abv; c.25€; DOC Friuli Colli Orientali) and always excited by something new, I bought it. I have no idea if this is a good or typical Schioppettino but I like it. The scent is really unique: herbaceous, some kind of aromatic wood (camphor?) but not oaky, dark fruit, earthy. It doesn’t seem terribly high in either tannin or acidity but is still very moreish and refreshing with the kind of saliva-inducing flavour that Szechuan peppers have. Sweet but gentle, aged fruit, almost as if a 2012 were a mature wine? Is this aged for the grape? Anyway, this was a really fun acquaintance and I think I want to try it soon again - I have this vague idea that the grape might move from acquaintance to friend. Does this sound at all like what Schioppettino should be?

not familiar with the producer, but sure sounds like the variety. Fine note, thanks

I echo Tim’s thanks.
I love Schioppettino.