An intriguing, earthy Zinfandel: 2012 Miro Cellars Zinfandel Piccetti Dry Creek Valley

Had not tried anything from this producer before and was super impressed by this Zin. Anyone have an opinion on this winery?

2012 Miro Cellars Zinfandel Piccetti Dry Creek Valley - USA, California, Sonoma County, Dry Creek Valley (1/18/2020)
14.5% abv. 402 cases. 90% Zinfandel, 10% Petite Sirah. Recent auction purchase.
I was immediately intrigued by the expansive, earthy, aromatics on the pop 'n pour. Really enjoyable and super interesting. This carried through to the palate, with some Zin fruit and beautiful earth and leather notes. The earthy character summoned thoughts of both Chianti and Burgundy. Very unusual for a Zin, but there were also classic Zin berry notes. Good depth, concentration, and acidity to balance everything out. Medium bodied (a lighter style for Zin for sure). They hit a home run with this bottling - I really loved this. I’ve purchased quite a few other Zins at auction recently, which were mostly mediocre or worse, but this one absolutely killed it. I need to seek out more from this producer. (94 pts.)

Awesome note! I have not tried anything from them but a buddy of mine recently told me that their Petite Sirah is really good. Based off of that and your note - I’ll definitely be keeping my eyes peeled for Miro.

I met Miro at ZAP a few years ago.
He makes very solid wines, some from old vine vineyards such as Ponzo and Mounts, Zins and field blends, high altitude Cabs from Pine Mtn and from lower altitude sites in the Alexander Valley, Grenache and Grenache Rose from a one acre vineyard and accessible Petite Sirahs.
Miro helped his grandfather make wine as a youngster, so he has a very long experiential track record. I am more familiar with his more recent efforts which are consistently well crafted, true to vineyard wines.
I have introduced his wines as high QPR and have received repeat orders.

Thanks for this interesting info. His wines are definitely on my radar. Do you know if there is any availability in Southern Cal at retail?