BD caviar and 2002 Pol Roger Champagne Blanc de Blancs

Wanted a BdB to go with blinis, creme fraiche and caviar and this was a great match. The caviar was the Astrea A. Baerii from Charlie’s BD offer, and it was outstanding.

• 2002 Pol Roger Champagne Blanc de Blancs - France, Champagne (2/3/2020)
    Consistent with past bottles. Cellared since release, perfect cork and fill. Medium yellow. Toasted bread, almond, baked apple nose in just the right proportions for a pleasant complexity without excessive oxidative nature, at least for my palate. Medium body, good balance, flavors follow the nose, medium finish. Drinking well now and should continue to do so for the next few years at least. Excellent.
2 Likes

Awesome David! Julie and I are indulging the Kaluga Hybrid as I type. Awesome stuff from Fu, and the price was ridiculous. No accoutrements tonight, just straight up, with a side of Flannery Porterhouse, and a little Black Cat… hitting the Berserkerday trifecta.

I’ll be doing some slutty things with my Astrea, pairing it with pizza and chicken nuggets.

After that, I’ll be eating it straight. flirtysmile

Charlie and Curtis, finished the last 1/4 this AM straight up with the Champagne leftovers. Awesome!

Sounds awesome, man! Doing it well! champagne.gif

Nice. Love seeing reviews!

[*]2002 Pol Roger Champagne Blanc de Blancs - France, Champagne (3/8/2023)
This is in a lovely spot…there’s a richness on the nose with scents of fresh baguette, butterscotch, and weirdly cuties or tangerine. The palate is rich and expansive with notes of custard, kumquat, candied ginger, & baked apple. This is making me realize that I need to be buying these to stash away for some time. Outstanding!!

2 Likes

Just had this champagne on Monday. I agree, terrific stuff.

2 Likes