Maxem 2018 Release

Maxem 2018 Chard and Pinot release are coming up who is buying?
Anyone know how Jeb Dunnuck scored them?

Copied from the email from Memento Mori:

“I also want to point out that his MAXEM pinot and chardonnay received incredible 96 and 97 point scores from Jeb. We have HIGHLY recommended these wines to everyone on our list in the past. Finding new wines your friends may not know about and have them blow everyone away at a dinner or party is always fun. We used to get great stories like that sent to us when we started Memento Mori and we loved them. Well, MAXEM is that new brand. Sam will be releasing their 2018 vintage on February 25th. Please go to www.maxemwine.com and make sure you are on the list for the February release. Case production is very low but as usual with Sammy, the wine is incredible.”

The 2017s were absolute knockouts with excellent QPRs. I am buying full allocation of both based on both near-term drinkability as well as age-ability (expectations based on structure not history as these are newer wines). Can’t say enough good things about Maxem, Sam and his artistic magic with both of his Bordeaux and Burgs from CA.

Thanks, I’m going to be purchasing the Chard for sure.

I just purchased a few…really excited to try them. The reviews look really good on both the chard and Pinot.

+1
Looking forward to trying these.
Talked with Nancy (super nice) for a bit because I was unable to ship direct to Kansas. I was able to go through a 3rd party with her help. We will be in Napa in March. They share their tasting room with Memento Mori…looking forward to that visit.

Matt- great people and Sam is an exceptional winemaker. Trying the lineup this weekend which will be a nice treat. If the Maxem 2018 is as good as the 2017 it will be another homerun with a great QPR.

Had the ‘17 chard last night and it was rock’n.

TN: The wine is humming. No need to decant. Good from get go PnP. Amazing perfumed tropical nose followed by a silky sexy mouthfeel that coats the tounge making this a truly gulp-able (although there is no way you want to as it’s just too damn enjoyable) Yellow and honey crisp apple, grapefruit, slight pear, honey, mineral/slate spine and just the right amount of acid/tension to keep the perfect balance.

I can’t stop smelling this wine!

In the perfect window, drink now and enjoy.