TN: 2015 Ridge Lytton Springs (USA, California, Sonoma County, Dry Creek Valley)

2015 Ridge Lytton Springs - USA, California, Sonoma County, Dry Creek Valley (2/2/2020)
Pop and pour while with friends for the Super Bow, so this did not get the attention it deserved, but with the talk, football and snacks, it did hang around for nearly 3 hours, allowing it to open up, where it had started out rather hard/closed. Typical “zin-berry” fruit, spice, a bit of vanilla and some dried rosemary accents said “Lytton.” Once it had some time to breathe there was more of the typical plushness on the palate, backed up by balancing acids, and moderately firm finishing tannin. It appears to be mostly shutting down for some sleep, so I would sit on other bottles for a few years, as breathing/decanting will only do so much. This has the depth and balance to emerge better from its rest.

Posted from CellarTracker

Most difficult thing about these wines is keeping my hands off them…well, keeping my wife’s hands off them. I might have some luck now that I’ve purchased a case of Demostene Ranch, as that’s her preferred one for now!

Todd - in some years they make the Boatman (2016 for example) from 100% Zinfandel. We went through two cases of the 16 I liked it so much. If you haven’t had it - it’s very traditional Zin - that might work for you as well!

+1 for the Boatman. Have a few left but it’s a household favorite sooooo we’ll see [winner.gif]