TN: 2010 Reynvaan Family Vineyards Syrah In the Rocks

Posted from CellarTracker

Never had one last longer than one day! I’m into the 2012’s already. Opened a Foothills Reserve yesterday that seemed way too heavy on the green olive juice (covered up the fruit more than I would like), but did have a nice smokey finish. Cheers!

That’s really interesting about Day 2, I pnp’d a 2012 In the Hills this weekend and was great out the gate and didnt last more than a couple hours so it wasn’t an issue, but I’ll keep it in mind!

Never had one last longer than one day! I’m into the 2012’s already. Opened a Foothills Reserve yesterday that seemed way too heavy on the green olive juice (covered up the fruit more than I would like), but did have a nice smokey finish. Cheers!

Most of the wines I drink are over 3 days to see evolution however they tend to be 2014s and higher. Just had some extra from a wine dinner and wanted to see what the wine would drink like on day 2. This is for sure a day 1 wine and consume!

That’s really interesting about Day 2, I pnp’d a 2012 In the Hills this weekend and was great out the gate and didnt last more than a couple hours so it wasn’t an issue, but I’ll keep it in mind!

Would recommend day 2 on some of the 14s and 15s.

Oldest Reynvaan I have is 2012. Last opened one about a year ago. Was thinking I should probably drink one or two this year.

Anyone know how long their second label wine lasts?

They aren’t cheaper than Cayuse any longer. Current releases are on par or even more expensive than Cayuse. I’m finding that Reynvaan wines are hit or miss for vintages 2010 or earlier. Some are amazing, and some are really flat and not interesting.