Top 10 List of Old Vine Zin Vineyards

Not bad!

I’ve had zins from 8 of them.

Von Weidlich deserves a mention.

9/10 for me.

Just one minor thing I’d add: Ridge’s Hooker Creek zin comes from a part of Bedrock Vineyard, I understand, though for some reason, they opt for a different designation.

8/10 for me - no Ubie or Old Hill

I might be 10/10 if I’ve consumed the right Ravenswood, and Glen’s suggestion would make it 11/11.

Great vineyards indeed!

I’m 8/10.

Have not had Old Hill Ranch or Montafi.

10/10, nice list. Been to all of them short of Ueberroth.

Had that one too, Radio Coteau.

9/10, missed Hayne.

I made that list many years ago. A 2020 version of this list would slot Papera Vineyard in at number 2. This vineyard, located at the intersection of Piner and Olivet in the Russian River Valley, never disappoints regardless of the winery using the fruit. It is notable that Papera is not as old as other vineyards on the list and is predominantly Zinfandel as opposed to a traditional field blend.

Tom

10 for 10

I am surprised that Whitton Ranch is not on the list, as well as Lytton Springs. Otherwise, I am 10/10 for trying wines from those vineyards.

Agreed Ed.

10/10

It’s always hard to make a list like that, and easy to pick it apart.

10/10

I probably would have moved Monte Rosso up a notch or two.

Lytton Springs got an honorable mention at the end of the blog post [cheers.gif]

Tom

10/10. Definitely not 11/11. What’s Van Weidlich?

Nice write up as always Tom! For all the zin fans out there (and really wine-lovers in general), if you dont already follow Zinfandel Chronicles, you definitely should.

10/10 for me as well…although think I’ve only had 1 or 2 Turley Ueberroth’s.