A Dirty and Rowdy Confession

Well, that’s how the save the date email read. I’m surprised there hasn’t been any chatter here as Hardy usually gets a lot of talk. I met up with Hardy a couple weeks ago at Sugarloaf to pick up my wines from the Summer/Fall release and he tasted me through a number of barrel samples of ‘18s and ‘19s. Hardy has always kinda been on the cutting edge taking the liberty to push the envelope a little further than most. Well he’s at it again with a handful of wines, some that may not release as standalone bottlings and some that will. Not sure exactly what he has decided but by the wording of this release email I have a pretty good idea so I don’t want to steal his thunder. Some of these are Sandlands sized lots, 1-2 barrels, so allocations will be quite slim.

One thing I can say is that the ‘18 Mourvedres are rocking tood. Especially the Evangelho.

Cheers.

=========

Dirty and Rowdy was never about wine.

Dirty and Rowdy wines are messengers for something more - they make places you’ve never been feel like home. And we have intentionally stepped out of the way to let that love shine through.

For ten years we’ve broken rules, cut our own path, and redefined California wine.

Set a reminder for Friday, 2/7. We are releasing four new wines to the mailing list. There are not many to go around, and I loved making them for you.

Have a great weekend,
Hardy

Winemaker, Dirty and Rowdy Family Winery

PS: Outer Limits is the name of one of the new wines. It answers the age-old question- “What if aliens abducted Dirty and Rowdy?”

I keep thinking we’re entering the twilight zone after the email … I bet Hardy is a good guide!

Thanks, Brian! It was awesome to see you and taste through some barrels at the winery! Thanks for the kind words.

As per the 2/7 release- it is small, yet “I’ve been told, good for the body and is good for your soul”.

i think part of the reason there hasnt been much chatter is because unless you HAVE visited the winery, the email didnt really have much info to speculate off of! haha

but always excited about the DR wines.

Exactly…eagerly awaiting the release, but not much to discuss yet…

TTZ moment was earlier this week when friends & family killed a 14 Antle leaving me only 20-25 ml in the punt.

Same as above, super stoked for release, but dont know what we’re in for yet

Lookin forward to em

Elation. [cheers.gif]

For a second there, I was jazzed that I thought you were quoting Lowell George / Little Feat. Then I realized he said “some contend that rock and roll is BAD for the body and BAD for the soul”.

I saw Lowell and LF open a show with this acapella in the 70s. Crazy.

While we are confessing, the D&R reusable bag we got in a shipment last year is one of my favorite things I’ve ever received from a winery. Any extras laying around. :slight_smile:

Thank you! We love them and use them, too.

Looks like you can add the Fred & Dora’s Petite Sirah and Shake Ridge Mourvedre (which is on the website now) to the list of bottles coming…

Not quite yet- We were just testing images / allocations etc.

This is going to be a wild and wonderful release.

[cheers.gif]

Got shake ridge and outer limits, excited!

Bring IT! In for a mixed case of interstellar goodness.

3 each of Shake Ridge, Outer Limits and ENZ. Can’t get enough D&R Mourvedre

Thanks everyone! I’m really psyched for these.

A limited pre-release runs today and tomorrow. The main release goes out Friday.

With the exception of 2 micro-cuvées over the next year or so, these are the last of our 2018s. I love this vintage.

Super curious on the outer limits… what a BIG D&R mourvèdre might be?? Excited for all the rest.