I'm finally in the Patricia Green Wine Club!

That’s all. I’m super excited.

Gonna go fill my allocation with 2018 First Vines now.

champagne.gif

good stuff. I wasn’t aware there was a wait to join the club.

then you’re already too late my friend.

haha no but most of the offerings go out to the general public, but there’s a handful every offer that are club only. I think the website still says they estimate a 1-2 year wait.

In checking my emails, i see that i did request to be waitlisted shortly after my berserker day purchase… how fleeting my memory is these days

Nice, man!

We changed the club recently to both allow for more people and a greater level of options for those in it. Not easy but when you bottle as many unique and small vineyard designated wines it does present the possibility. Always wanted to make sure we had a club that allowed people to get the best wines and the wines they absolutely wanted. If you don’t run a winery it would be hard to know the complications of running a choose your own adventure wine club of any sort of significant size. They’re real and if you want to provide the service required you have to know and plan to overcome them in advance. We hope that you get what you want out of this and enjoy the hell out of it.

With my wife running the club at a neighboring winery (Colene Clemens), I can only imagine the challenges in a choose your own adventure wine club with all the wines you bottle. It is hard enough with only 5 or 6 bottlings per year. My hats off to your and your team!

1 Like

PG cellars did a great job with the club. Lots of times the winery wants you to purchase the wines that they have excess of first before later offering you the single vineyards after you build your purchase history. The team at pg did the opposite and has a pretty loyal club member now.

I just got on the list at different winery and I’m not as sure that I want to play the waiting game. Also the best is that PG gives you a lot of technical details to help you decide which wines may be in your personal taste zone. A number of places are reducing the details that they share. Not so with PG cellars.

Signed up for the list in August 2018 the same night I tasted my first bottle of Patricia Green, 2013 Durant Vineyard. Just notified yesterday I made the list. When we visited the winery in September I inquired about it and until I saw Jim’s post above I thought my sweet talking of Abigail had worked. Ha!

I can only imagine the logistical complication it adds.

Let me be the first to say, though, that I really like the choose your own adventure style of the club. It does help though that with PG you can be confident that ALL of the bottlings are gonna be fantastic.

Thanks for expanding the club for waitlisters like me!

Made it this week as well.

We did it!

[highfive.gif]

For the long time consumers/mailing list members how close do you follow the vintage chart? The chart isn’t updated for 2017 yet but if I’m using past vintages as a guide I need to hold these wines 8-12 years before drinking? John Gilman seems to agree.

I think that our wines do well with age but certainly provide enjoyment even at their most primary youthfulness. For instance we had some folks in yesterday largely unfamiliar with the wines so I opened a 2009 to sho 10 years of bottle age. I think that vintage shows very nicely now whereas 5 years ago it was just too much, however our 2008s are still a bit of a ways off. Anything from 2012-current would drink but basically be insanely primary with the exception of some 2013s. As with any wine and winery it depends on what you want and like. I am quite certain are wines evolve over time and can be very interesting at advanced ages. A 2001 last week that I opened for the staff after a blind tasting of young wines from Burgundy and Oregon was in great shape and so much different than the wines we had just tasted.

If you ever have specific questions about certain wines you can always reach out to me directly.

Jim,
We’re looking forward to trying the wines. They’ve been on the radar for a while and and applied to the club list but when they showed up on Berserker Day we grabbed some of the as well.
Bob

Patricia Green is probably my favorite club and I’m in a bunch of them.

The ability to customize shipments is awesome, rarely offered by wineries and very much appreciated.

Robert

Of the 2 Berserker Day wines the 2017 Fat Cat would be the one for earlier consumption if so desired. Both from a wine and vintage perspective it is the clear choice. The 2016 Balcombe will definitely take some time. It’s 100% whole cluster from a concentrated and well-structured vintage.

For earlier drinking our Willamette Valley Reserve bottling fits the bill. I would also say the Lia’s, Durant Madrone Block and regular bottling of Balcombe Vineyard offer nice earlier experiences for those looking for primary fruit and silkier styled structures and mouth feel. Not that they don’t age but they tend to be naturally less bold in tannin than other SV bottlings.

agree that they do really well with age. just over 2 years ago I ran into a little liquor store in podunk SC that happened to have some 03-06 Patty Green wines sitting on the shelf. between myself and a couple friends I think we eventually drank through the entire selection they had. without exception the wines showed really well and had developed beautifully. I could be wrong but I also doubt that any of them ever saw a cellar or moved from that shelf between release and us discovering them in the shop.

Thanks Jim!