UTW Save This Date

Under the Wire Release Opens February 5th
Dear Brian,

We are so excited to announce that we will be releasing the first of the 2016 Under the Wire wines next Wednesday, February 5th, 2020.

This release will include Pinots and Chardonnays from the four original Under the Wire vineyards: Alder Springs, Hirsch and Brosseau, along with the historic Bedrock Vineyard Sparkling Zinfandel.

With any questions or comments, let us know by replying to this email.

Cheers!
Chris and Morgan

Any idea when the Bedrock release will be?

Feb 19 last year

What are your thoughts on this release? How do people compare these wines to other reputable domestic sparklers?

I think they are really good stuff. I have been buying since the first release and have a hard time not drinking them up. The sparkling Zin is really tasty.

I find them tremendously better waiting a year or three after receiving them and ideally 5 years. The Pinot/roses in particular can be a bit disjointed at release but mature into a wonderfully balanced and nuanced wine.

I was extremely excited to see this message this week, it’s been way too long:

Dear Patrick,

The last Under the Wire release was in early 2020 and, well… it has been quite the 18 months, to say the least. But it feels like there is a lot to celebrate lately as we return to spending time with our family and friends, and there is nothing like some good bubbles to accompany such occasions! We are thrilled to announce that we will be releasing a selection of Under the Wire wines on Tuesday, June 29th, 2021

This release will include a mix of 2017s and 2016s from some of the greatest vineyards across California.

Anyone have any insight into what will be included this time? Hoping for Brosseau, Hirsch, Oakville Farm, Bedrock Zin, etc flirtysmile

I saw Chris post the answer on Instagram:

2016 Alder Springs Chardonnay
2017 Brosseau Chardonnay
2013 Hisrch Pinot Noir (Late Disgorged)
2017 Bedrock Old Vine Zinfandel

champagne.gif