Brief Comments: Iskaranu Pinots

Some of these are in the auction but I don’t see a lot of comments. I have no dog in this fight, but would just give a quick overview of some of the wines. They are all Russian River small production.

The Putnam vineyard is Sonoma Coast and well structured for aging…the Russ R Valley is a nice intro to RR pinot. Lots of cherry/strawberry; 25 % new French oak. Very pleasant entry level wine. The Mimma is a bit of a step up with different clones and 50% French oak. My fave is the Secret Clone (long story). This one is a lighter style with beautiful color, nice cherry nose, and good viscosity; great clarity; 50% new French oak.

The Iskaranu pinots don’t get much play on the boards or Cellar Tracker. They are worth a look and are pretty good values

More helpful yesterday, no? (Not to give you a hard time, but just saying…)

Greg has extended his offers . . .

And I know he will also have some of these, and most likely will be in attendance once again, at Falltacular next month.

Cheers

What is this Falltacular??

Falltacular is a charity tasting in Southern California put on by board member Frank Murray.

It’s sold out already for this year.

James, appreciate the TNs and feedback! Always great to hear someone is enjoying our wines.