TN: 2016 Story Of Soil Pinot Noir Duvarita Vineyard

I know this will get lost in the BD11 madness, but this is too good not to share.

Beautiful translucent red. Lovely nose of cranberry, underbrush and a hint of oregano. Very savory palate, mix of delicate red fruit, savory, salty texture and lovely acidity. In a good drinking spot, but don’t think there is a hurry to drink. Really nice effort!

I love Story of Soil. I usually like bigger wines, but SOS’ wines are just so balanced and complex that I can’t resist.

Jud,

Jessica Gasca really has a deft hand in the wines that she and her husband Brady craft. She has a ‘history’ in the wine biz, having worked at Dragonette for awhile and having Gary Burke of Costa D Oro Winery up in Santa Maria as an uncle.

I’ve ‘followed her from the beginning’ and can say that she is really getting a handle on the fruit that she works with. Her Gamay is a favorite of lots of folks for sure - and her and Brady are just good folks.

Bummed I missed you in Boston and bummed you missed the Troquet dinner but I’ll be back champagne.gif

Cheers!

Sorry I missed you as well Larry. Hope you will be back soon…