10 Barthod BB, 09 Vilmart CdC

2010 Ghislaine Barthod Bourgogne Les Bons Batons

Drinking at prime, a bit better than the last time I had it last year. Unfortunately my last bottle. Very Chambolle, despite not being Chambolle.

2009 Vilmart 1er Coeur de Cuvee

Again vinous, with mousse, without as much of the richness I’d expect from the vintage, but very focused with zingy acidity.

I think a step below the 163 and 08 dom, but very enjoyable.

Michael,
I think the '09 Vilmart CdC might be uncharacteristically (for the vintage) shut down. In December, my high expectations ran head-on into a grumpy, acerbic bottle. I hope it’s just a phase, as I went very deep on the '09s after a bottle of '08 was one of my WsOTY despite its youth.
It sounds like you liked it but was hoping for more. I’m curious if Blake, FrankM3, Brad B, Buzz, David, Ray T or any other frequent champagne note posters have tried it recently.
Cheers,
Warren

Warren, not had the 09 CdC since June. I differ from Michael as I found the 09 sufficiently rich and in the Vilmart style, I suppose true to the vintage, too. Have one left in the cellar. These were selling for a good price via Vinopolis when I bought them last year but now they are gone…I think it was you that tipped me off to these too.

Thanks for the notes. Always wish I had more Barthod BR.