TN: 2005 Joseph Drouhin Beaune 1er Cru Grèves

Appropriate progression from last bottle 18 months ago. Starting to like where the down ballot '05s are now [cheers.gif]

• 2005 Joseph Drouhin Beaune 1er Cru Grèves - France, Burgundy, Côte de Beaune, Beaune 1er Cru (1/26/2020)
    Slight tertiary pinot fragrance on the nose. Some leaves and iron. Shows that muscular lean Beaune edge on the palate. Cool red fruit. 60 minutes in decanter and very tasty, lean black cherry comes on. It has the sheen and polish of '05, it’s juicy and very drinkable. But It’s a food wine, a good solid Burgundy that was great tonight with my braised short ribs and mashed potatoes. Start drinking it.

Posted from CellarTracker

Dennis,

Nice! I have just begun to sample a few 2005’s of late and I’d say about 1/2 of them have been open and accessible. Glad this bottle showed well.

Cheers,
Doug

Thanks, Doug! I, like you, have just started dipping in, mostly village and some 1ers. This one showed well last year, so I figured I’d try another. No rush, but it drinks pretty well now with 30-60minutes in decanter. Cheers!

A Newman Greves 2005 opened in August showed real well. Third time having the wine and way better than the first two bottles.

Nice job Dennis! Happy New Year to you.