1992 LaJota Anniversary Release

Ok, so last spring I was monitoring a Heritage Auction and made a spur-of-the-moment last second bid on 10 bottles of 1992 LaJota Anniversary release for $984 all-in including BP. I immediately started having buyers remorse because that seems like a lot of bottles of an older wine that I didn’t know much about.

Well, I opened the first bottle of it tonight and . … I’m not good with words . . but this stuff is absolutely stellar. Had it open about 2 1/2 hours now and it just keeps getting better. Now I’m really happy I have 9 more. Doubting I’ll make a better under $100 Napa purchase any time soon tbh.

I’m a Chris Carpenter fan so I’ve had some of the more recent LaJota’s but I didn’t really know what to expect on this '92. Love it.

The 94,95,and 97 are bottles to seek out too! I’ve enjoyed them immensely

Thanks! That is great news. I am sitting on a couple of these.

Nice!

I just submitted a bit on something else and immediately wondered if I should regret it – some Oregon Pinots from the 90s. Not as high a price as yours, so that helps a bit. Your story reaffirms my thinking – it might be good. And if not, then it is a good learning experience. And of course I may be outbid anyway!

1 Like

[cheers.gif] The '92 11th anniversary La Jota is one of my favorites and good for many more years to go ! [cheers.gif] [thumbs-up.gif]

The '91 and '92 Anniversary wines from La Jota were both stunning when we last had them. We have been buyers of the La Jota Cabs for the last several years. We really enjoy what Chris Carpenter is doing with the La Jota and Mt. Brave wines.

Ed

Yup - I think the 91-96 wines are all great (haven’t tried the 97). I believe they were made by Helen Turley.

I think that '92 La Jota Anniversary cab was made by Helen Turley or Randy Dunn.

I got a case of these on auctions a couple years back for around $65/bottle all in. Auction description just said Howell Mt and not 11th Anniversary. When they showed up I was pleased as it was quite a great deal. Every bottle has been fantastic and sadly only have 4 left. I also like the 93 and I’m always on the lookout for early 90’s releases but the word is out on these. I have not reliably followed newer releases as price like everything has gone way up.