TN: NV Marc Hébrart Champagne Premier Cru Brut Rosé (France, Champagne)

• NV Marc Hébrart Champagne Premier Cru Brut Rosé - France, Champagne (1/23/2020)
    INTENSE citrus explosion upon entry…spicy white pepper, cherry pop rocks, tart cherry skin…then a WONDERFUL creamy raspberry creme mousse calms it down, coats the palate, and shows a fresh array of fruits, dried rose/cranberry florals, tilled strawberry field earth tones…bubbles still linger creating alive energy…chalky minerality for nice salinity…lingering tart cranberry/blood orange…MAN is this thing energized! Love this! (94 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Is there a disgorgement date on the bottle? Can’t seem to locate it?

1 Like

Great note. Hebrart continues to be a very overlooked producer across the range. Prices are reasonble and quality is astoundingly high and is still going higher.

At the Theise portfolio tasting in October, Hebrart was a standout, even alongside Péters and Vilmart.

Mine has it on the back label.
2DE17A32-9CB5-4B5B-90EC-F840853972C3.jpeg

No back label except the envoyer import gov warning label?

L557 on front?

Yeah that’s probably the short hand as mine shows L457, just not really sure how to decode yours as mine also shows the date …

You can’t miss with Hebrart.

Shhhhhh champagne.gif

Without a doubt one of the best values in rosé Champagne. Apparently there is now also Rosé Extra Brut, I wonder if anyone here has tried that one yet?

This is on Envoyer’s website right now for $39.99 (83 bottles available).

Popped a bottle last night. What a wine and what a helluva value. Complex, vibrant, and layered. Buzz really nails it in his note here. So glad I recently reloaded on Greg’s offers.

Great minds… We enjoyed the Hebrart blanc de blanc from Greg last night.

Another terrific bottle of this last night. Love the stuff. Such a great buy at sub $50.

Oddly enough I consumed a bottle of this during the week over two days and felt the second day was drastically better. A very delicate but still highly focused and detailed finish. Loved it

I’ve had trouble getting there with the Hebrart rosé, and have experienced a wide range of showings. It has a lactic element to me sometimes and a bitter almond thing on the finish that can detract. I know a lot of people love this wine and it’s a very good value, but so far it has not floated my boat so much.

I saw the bitter almond mentioned in your last note, and I have not picked that up. Only a handful of bottles and all have been good to me thus far.

Have a couple of these pending with Envoyer. Excited to see if it can unseat, or take a seat alongside, Goutorbe for House rose. Hebrart’s BdB has already pushed L. Aubry’s 1er Brut to second-place status for House Champagne at our address.

I had a Jean Paul Hebrart Premier Cru Brut last year, is that a related producer or a new generation?

Had another bottle tonight and it was by far superior to the first few. The bitter almond element is still obviously there, for both me and Jonathan, but it was more an element of complexity now rather than a stick out. The lactic element was not present, and it was much more refined, less coarse. Still quite slurpable, which is a good thing - makes it a change from Egly-Ouriet which, while it is my favorite rose champagne, is not an easy drinker. Was it simple bottle variation? More time after shipping ? These bottles came only from the west coast, so that seems less an issue. More time overall? Who knows, but this was much better champagne and much more what I’d expect given how much I’ve enjoyed the blanc de blanc.