TN: NV Champagne Suenen Champagne Grand Cru C + C Blanc de Blancs Extra Brut

Aurelien Suenen makes compelling Champagne. Each bottle I like more than the last.

These Suenen wines are so damn appealing. Cramant and Chouilly. It is Extra Brut, but so packed that it feels broader and breadier than you might except. There is some tropical fruit that feels lush, but finishes with edgy-tart green apple. Cool and Lively. Racy and Invigorating. Youthful. Just got better and better as it opened. Terrific. Would like to leave a few bottles alone for a bit but that never seems to happen.

Posted from CellarTracker

Thanks Dennis, been meaning to pick some of these up and try some various cuvees.

For now, the C+C blend sits well in its price range. The single vineyards definitely push my cost comfort zone for what they are. Excellent wines, though.

I’d rather have the “Robarts” than Dom or Comtes at that price. I find both the Oiry and C+C are even better with food. Beautiful wines.

That is some high praise. I’ve only had Robarts once and before Suenen was really on my radar. Need to try again. I’ve been mostly a C+C consumer.

Well, you should consider the source. I’m just not as in to big house stuff lately, even the fancy ones. I find that the top wines from growers like Suenen have so much more personality than the grand marques. Nobody gets to drink a lot of Robarts, he only makes a bit over 100 cases a year.