What a great community we have!

I want to give a little love to the board generally, and to Frank Murray specifically. I reached out to Frank, who doesn’t know me, for advice about wine tasting in the champagne region. Of course he responded with excellent advice, and offered additional help should I have more questions. This is the kind of generosity that is typical of our wine community, and I have personally experienced it a number of times, and seen others helped frequently. I think wine lovers generally like to share their prized wines with other wine lovers, and are pleased to be able to help others with advice or contacts if they can. This is not normal. This is wonderful.

Frank is a great dude. He’s even nicer in person! [cheers.gif]

Now I’m wondering why I don’t see him as often as I’d like. Same goes with Viet and Seiber. All great dudes.

Too bad nobody wants to meet in flyover country… [cray.gif]

[cheers.gif]

Great post Bill, and Frank is as good a standard-bearer as I can think of. One of our preeminent citizens.

Enough of this FMIII worship. He’s not nearly the saint you all think he is. I’ve seen him leave dishes in the sink overnight.

Enough of this FMIII worship. He’s not nearly the saint you all think he is. I’ve seen him leave dishes in the sink overnight.

Did he at least clean the wine glasses?

FMIII is certainly is a great example of what makes WB a special place - and what had made the eBob boards the same back in the day. He leads by example and sets the example more if us should follow indeed.

He also stays engaged on the board itself, something he certainly does not have to do, but something i know he feels it’s important to do.

Kudos to him and all of those out there who realize that being an active part of this board is not a ‘waste of time’ . .

Cheers.

A few of us spontaneously dropped by his place after dinner. He popped two Champagne Roses and his glassware didn’t have any water marks.

FMIII is my dad.

Bill, this was a kind thing to do but not necessary. Folks, we live in a society (at least here in the US) that continues to become more fractured and divided. The way you fix that divide is by looking out for each other, showing respect and doing something for someone else. Fight against people and leaders who seek to put you in camps, divide you from others, foment disrespect, etc.

And of course, drink MORE champagne! NO TARIFF!

Yes…it is a great community in general, once in while, one needs to beware of the Church Bells ringing in Chambolle. If they sound… too good to be true,they maybe wake-up calls for those died-hard Burgundy-lovers.

I’m gonna tell my kids this is FMIII

That’s the worst picture of John Lennon I’ve ever seen.

Drink more Champagne indeed! And be kind to each other.

[rofl.gif]

I have to pile on kudos for Frank. He is certainly on of my favorite contributors. I really appreciate his articulate but non-judgmental reviews and comments. I am not to happy about his passion for and promotion of Champagne which has cost me dearly champagne.gif

Yes, we really do have a great community. Howard Davis was very helpful when I went to Italy, so was Bill Klapp, I miss his posting & sharing here. Glenn Levine was both a generous & gracious host (a little before this but from WLTV forums), and Ron Kramer (RIP) brought many of us together for an unforgettable offline to join him in celebrating his 75th Birthday. I feel like there’s a generosity and different level of connection over this shared passion whenever I’m lucky enough to meet someone from this forum in person.

All I know about Frank Murray is that he came up with this nutty idea to drink Pinot Noir for charity. So I know he’s a great guy, you’re preaching to the choir.

Alan Rath wrote: “I’ve seen him leave dishes in the sink overnight.”
Alan, please come visit in Maine. I’ll show you dishes left in the sink overweek, easy. Overmonth, not so often.
The wine glasses will be clean, if you don’t count waterspots and manganese film (our water is harder than diamonds).
And they will be appropriate, including shot glasses for the Napa Cabs.
But don’t rush: Scallop season won’t reopen until March 1st.

Dan Kravitz

I miss Bill Klapp… [cry.gif]

It is literally criminal to invoke Klapp’s name in a thread that mentions FMIII as a model of what we’re about.