TN: 2017 Beaujolais

2017 Domaine du Vissoux / Pierre-Marie Chermette Beaujolais Coeur de Vendange - France, Burgundy, Beaujolais (12/5/2019)
Quite dark, medium body, for a 17 this is quite reserved and brooding, with dark, meaty fruit, bit of bright dark raspberry note, good balance, some subtle but present tannins, very tasty, could probably use a few years to come out of its shell. I really like the pure dark gamay fruit, absent any carbonic bubble gum notes. Could be mistaken for a nice village Beaune, or maybe even NSG. (91 pts.)

2017 Domaine du Vissoux / Pierre-Marie Chermette Moulin-à-Vent Les Trois Roches - France, Burgundy, Beaujolais, Moulin-à-Vent (1/10/2020)
Tasty, medium body, strawberry/raspberry dominated fruit, a bit of warmth and sweetness from the vintage, pretty decent balance, with some fine, slightly grippy tannins. A nice, reasonably tasty quaff, but I was more impressed with the Coeur de Vendange, with its darker, more brooding profile. (88 pts.)

2017 Jean-Marc Burgaud Morgon Côte du Py Javernières - France, Burgundy, Beaujolais, Morgon (1/17/2020)
Fairly dark, lightly savory crushed dark fruit nose, lovely medium intense darker berry fruit, great acidity, has a unique savory/herb note I can’t describe, but which lends interest and complexity, some lightly chalky tannins on the finish. Quite nice, and ageworthy.

Next day: some of the savory notes are gone, but there is still plenty of quite intense dark fruit, almost brooding, slightly grippy tannins, lip smacking acidity, really delicious and built for the long haul. This is a darker, meatier, bolder style of Beaujolais, almost approaching a good medium bodied Syrah in style. (93 pts.)

2017 Domaine du Vissoux / Pierre-Marie Chermette Fleurie Les Garants - France, Burgundy, Beaujolais, Fleurie (1/18/2020)
Fairly dark in color, this bottle shows a bit of the vintage warmth, with good darker fruit as a base, but a dominant layer of higher toned blueberry, which gives it a slightly confectionery sweetness. Good balance, but just a little too much of that blueberry sweetness for my tastes. (88 pts.)