2000 Leoville Poyferre

Quick drink at Grailey’s on Monday

2000 Leoville Poyferre – Big complex nose of kirsch, black cherries, cigar box, leather, and smoke. The palate is really lovely, and I predict this will age very well for a long time. While the fruit has a nice sweetness to it, there is nice acidity and great tannic structure. Really lovely stuff. 94-95.

Thanks for the data point. Look forward to opening this.

This one has a long life ahead! Great birth year wine and great price back in the day. Wine Searcher shows some in the $150 range so still a great deal.

This didn’t seem to immediately flow with the pricing tide back then and was able to snag at $60sh even long after release. I thought it was a good drinker then.

This didn’t seem to immediately flow with the pricing tide back then and was able to snag at $60sh even long after release. I thought it was a good drinker then.

I paid $80 in 2008.

Missed this until now. Thank you for the note. Very interested in all current impressions regarding the 2000 Left Bank.

Have been slowly going through a case of this and have always found it quite primary as I do with most quality 2000 Bordeaux . Mind you,I am a typical Brit who enjoys his wine with 30 plus years age in good vintages !! Thanks for the note though,and I will post an update when I open my next bottle

1 Like

TN from a couple of months ago:

Loads of sweet cassis billowing out of the glass, and smoked meat. Certainly more fruity than the 00 Rauzan-Segla and 00 Lynch-Bages tasted alongside. Still pretty tannic and youthful as it approaches age 20. I am not sure it has the same length or complexity as the other two but it’s an attention-grabber.