Rivers-Marie 100pts

AG just gave the 2018 Platt Pinot Noir a trippie diggie! “…The 2018 Pinot Noir Platt Vineyard is the single greatest Pinot I have ever tasted from Rivers-Marie. Rich, deep and explosive in its beauty, the 2018 is an arresting, breathtaking wine that takes hold of all the senses and never lets up. Inky dark fruit, spice, licorice and lavender infuse the 2018 with tremendous textural richness, and yet there is no feeling of excess weight. A Pinot of dizzying intensity and richness, the Platt has so much to give and so much to offer. Readers who can find it should not hesitate, as it is truly magnificent. In a word: epic!..”

Congrats RM team! [cheers.gif]

1 Like

Very nice! Going to have to max out my allocation.

2018 is a hallmark vintage for wine in California. Should be great scores across the board.

Best scores ever for RM Pinots. Glad I’m on the mailing list. Offer is due anytime now.

‘Perfect’? Interesting . . .

Buzz-worthy (just subtract 5?)

I feel about this like I felt about his giving a 100 points to the Pax Sonoma Hillside. It’s just weird: I find it hard to believe that it is standard deviations better than the other wines in the set. I don’t doubt that it’s good, but it’s out of the range of the other wines, which still got very good scores (93-96 points).

AG is late to the game. The 2017 crushed too.

FMIII on the point 2017 Rivers-Marie Pinot Noir Platt Vineyard, USA, California, Sonoma County, Sonoma Coast - CellarTracker

I tasted the wine that night and it was fantastic.

Shhhhh… :slight_smile:

FWIW, my close friend who is in production under the R-M umbrella has been telling me for months now that I need to come visit and taste the 2018 Platt PN as it was one of the best PNs he’s ever had, so it’s not just Galloni who feels this way about this wine. Congrats on the well-deserved honor to the R-M team.

Anyone know when to expect the Rivers Marie offer? It is usually around now, but I have not heard anything

Honestly, the 2017 RM Platt PN blew me away. Was going to purchase the 2018 anyways, but this is just the cherry on top.

Awesome!! Congrats to the team

Isn’t it the same every year? Third Tuesday in January ? Or something like that ?

Last year it was the third Tuesday in January, but that happened to be the 15th. This year the third Tuesday is the 21st.

Edit: In another thread, William Segui confirmed it is the third Tuesday.

Congrats to Rivers Marie! I’ve only known about the Platt vineyard from Vice Versa. Hopefully, there will be some left when I receive my offer…

This is from the former Radio-Coteau plot. Quite excited to try it.

Congrats to to the R-M crew!!!

Although my palate could be changing, I have to say I’m much more a fan of the R-M Pinots from recent vintages vs. earlier - have been buying more than ever before. Same with the Chards, they’ve just been awesome over the past 5-6 vintages or so.

It’s cool seeing nice people get ahead.

[cheers.gif]

Wow, big scores all around even the base Sonoma Coast gets a 94

Selfishly, I wish the allocations rewarded long term buyers. I am 10 + years ordering every cycle and will get the same small non-guaranteed allocation as someone who just made the list this year. I know there is no perfect system, so mostly I’m just bummed when stories like these break. I hate the idea I could miss a tiny production wine like this because I might not be able to get my order in within 15 minutes or so before it sells out.

Actually, I think that Rhys has a pretty perfect system. Everyone on the list gets a guaranteed allocation (specific wines and # of bottles are dependant on prior purchasing patterns), and have like 10-days to purchase their allocation, and Rhys sends out reminder emails 2 or 3 times during that 10-day period. You can also wish-list specific wines. Then whatever isn’t purchased during the 10-day period is offered to others on the list. To me, this is a much fairer system than many wineries use, because someone at work or on a plane is at a dissadvantage to someone who is able to check their email every 5-minutes. I get that RM pre-announces when their wines will be released to the mailing list, but still, it doesn’t seem fair to many people on their list…