TN: 2012 Cayuse Syrah En Chamberlin Vineyard

• 2012 Cayuse Syrah En Chamberlin Vineyard - USA, Washington, Columbia Valley, Walla Walla Valley (1/11/2020)
    Decanted this wine 2.5 hours. This definitely was tight on the opening so decanting is a must. Beautiful wine with floral, stone, white pepper, olives, gravel, sour cherries and blueberries. Very elegant and medium plus finish. Does not have the funk quality of other Cayuse wines I have sampled. Purchased bottle at Chicago Wine Company. This wine will benefit from another 5 to 10 years in the cellar. 94-96 points (94 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Sounds great, devastating hearing it could use another 5-10 though since I have an 11 I dont think I can keep my hands off much longer.

Consumed this a few months ago. Your note is spot on regarding little to no funk and more elegant; however, IMHO, I don’t think there is a big upside to additional years sideways. I’ve got a 2012 Cailloux that I need to open this year - I think I prefer the Cailloux to the Chamberlin, but to each his own. Cheers!

[quoteSounds great, devastating hearing it could use another 5-10 though since I have an 11 I dont think I can keep my hands off much longer.][/quote]
If you have several open one and try it every few years. I would recommend 5 if you have one left. It is very good right now with a good 2 hour decant.

Ah I only have the one, I need to look into back filling.

Ah I only have the one, I need to look into back filling.

Good plan