Best deal/coupon for on-line wine shopping.

Tasting notes, varietals, grapes - anything related to wine
JBrochu

Re: Best deal/coupon for on-line wine shopping.

#1601 Post by JBrochu » October 3rd, 2020, 9:40 am

I clicked on a referral and went to wine access and saw the message across the top of the page that said something like, "you get $50 off $150". At that time, I decided not to purchase as I couldn't find anything interesting enough. Now when I go back the message is gone and when I click on a new referral I no longer get the message. Do I need to delete cookies or something like that? Or have I lost the chance to use the referral?
J@hn

A.Altman

#1602 Post by A.Altman » October 3rd, 2020, 9:47 am

No problem!
Sharad S. wrote:
October 2nd, 2020, 7:45 am
A.Altman wrote:
October 2nd, 2020, 4:43 am
$50 off $150 at WineAccess for first time orders.

Use link:
http://share.wineaccess.com/v/adam_30
thank you thank you so very much!
A d @ m

DanielP
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1603 Post by DanielP » October 3rd, 2020, 9:47 am

JBrochu wrote:
October 3rd, 2020, 9:40 am
I clicked on a referral and went to wine access and saw the message across the top of the page that said something like, "you get $50 off $150". At that time, I decided not to purchase as I couldn't find anything interesting enough. Now when I go back the message is gone and when I click on a new referral I no longer get the message. Do I need to delete cookies or something like that? Or have I lost the chance to use the referral?
Try adding something to your cart. It should still work.
P@ik

JBrochu

#1604 Post by JBrochu » October 3rd, 2020, 9:50 am

DanielP wrote:
October 3rd, 2020, 9:47 am
JBrochu wrote:
October 3rd, 2020, 9:40 am
Try adding something to your cart. It should still work.
When I do that the only thing I see is the 10% off they are offering for the fire relief.
J@hn

JBrochu

#1605 Post by JBrochu » October 3rd, 2020, 9:53 am

I deleted my wine access cookies and tried clicking another referral link and it still doesn't show up on the page or in the shopping card. Oh well, I'm still not finding much of interest to me anyway. I was hoping for one of those Champagne deals but they appear to be sold out.
J@hn

Chris Crutchfield

#1606 Post by Chris Crutchfield » October 3rd, 2020, 11:29 am

Just a heads up, it seems like wine.com is tightening up the $100 off $300 codes. It seems that new physical mailers with these codes are one-time use only, from what I've heard. The party train might be over.

Mike C.

#1607 Post by Mike C. » October 3rd, 2020, 11:48 am

Chris Crutchfield wrote:
October 3rd, 2020, 11:29 am
Just a heads up, it seems like wine.com is tightening up the $100 off $300 codes. It seems that new physical mailers with these codes are one-time use only, from what I've heard. The party train might be over.
Anyone who doesn’t want theirs because of the wine.com shipping issues, send them my way! Just got orders from months ago that were held for delivery until today and they were all delivered as scheduled.
h@0

JBrochu

#1608 Post by JBrochu » October 3rd, 2020, 12:21 pm

Chris Crutchfield wrote:
Good to know that it's time to cancel my StewardShip membership.
J@hn

D@ve D y r 0 f f
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1609 Post by D@ve D y r 0 f f » October 3rd, 2020, 4:54 pm

Mike C. wrote:
October 3rd, 2020, 11:48 am
Chris Crutchfield wrote:
Anyone who doesn’t want theirs because of the wine.com shipping issues, send them my way! Just got orders from months ago that were held for delivery until today and they were all delivered as scheduled.
Thanks, good to hear. Gives me some small hope that my orders from May, June, and July might actually be delivered as ordered at the end of this month.

Dave H.
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1610 Post by Dave H. » October 3rd, 2020, 6:00 pm

I bought stewardship for the year after succumbing to one of the $100 off $300 mailers. My chief complaint is the complete lack of selection. I know it’s the equivalent of shopping at a Total Wine, but damn, the shelves seem bare. There are 6 gamays available for shipping to my state. No Zinfandel of interest. Maybe one or two Riesling. Again, not expecting it to be Chambers St., but I have seen a time with my own eyes when they carried Thivin and a few Bedrock and so on and so forth. Right now it’s all a total snooze.
Hendrik

Chris Crutchfield

#1611 Post by Chris Crutchfield » October 3rd, 2020, 6:49 pm

Dave H. wrote:
October 3rd, 2020, 6:00 pm
I bought stewardship for the year after succumbing to one of the $100 off $300 mailers. My chief complaint is the complete lack of selection. I know it’s the equivalent of shopping at a Total Wine, but damn, the shelves seem bare. There are 6 gamays available for shipping to my state. No Zinfandel of interest. Maybe one or two Riesling. Again, not expecting it to be Chambers St., but I have seen a time with my own eyes when they carried Thivin and a few Bedrock and so on and so forth. Right now it’s all a total snooze.
Yeah, I've noticed as well that the selection seems quite lackluster over the past month or two.

L. Bryant

#1612 Post by L. Bryant » October 3rd, 2020, 6:53 pm

I haven't re-upped Stewardship and will not. The inflated prices, poor selection, GENERAL poor stewardship of wines, and recent DC tax put them on par with (or below) grocery store chains. The coupons were all they had going for them.

I'm good
L a n d r e s

mmarcellus
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1613 Post by mmarcellus » October 3rd, 2020, 7:08 pm

For NY, things have slowed down since their recent debacle, which could well be a matter of them prioritizing fixing their system issues over putting new stuff on line. Same goes for the lack of new discount codes. That said, there's still some decent stuff there, including the recent arrival of the Roilette 2019 Tardive. Plus, there's Terres Dorees Beajolais Villages, a few hard to find Pfalz Spatburgunders, along with some other nuggets. Prices overall are highish, but if you can find a 20% off deal, the prices are definitely competitive.

I certainly have no complaints about buying Stewardship. Even if I never buy anything else from them, it worked out really well.
M @ r k

Mike C.

#1614 Post by Mike C. » October 3rd, 2020, 7:18 pm

D@ve D y r 0 f f wrote:
October 3rd, 2020, 4:54 pm
Mike C. wrote:
Thanks, good to hear. Gives me some small hope that my orders from May, June, and July might actually be delivered as ordered at the end of this month.
Btw, my orders were out of the NY warehouse
h@0

Chris Crutchfield

#1615 Post by Chris Crutchfield » October 3rd, 2020, 7:28 pm

I think it's pretty curious there wasn't a huge end-of-quarter coupon push like there has been for the past 3 quarters.

D@ve D y r 0 f f
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1616 Post by D@ve D y r 0 f f » October 3rd, 2020, 7:30 pm

Mike C. wrote:
October 3rd, 2020, 7:18 pm
D@ve D y r 0 f f wrote:
Mike C. wrote:
Mine generally ship from CA, so maybe I shouldn't build much hope from your experience...

JBrochu

#1617 Post by JBrochu » October 3rd, 2020, 9:30 pm

Mike C. wrote:
October 3rd, 2020, 7:18 pm
D@ve D y r 0 f f wrote:
Mike C. wrote:
My orders were out of the NY warehouse and across 15 orders something like 75% of my bottles were not available. Whether they were sold to others or never in stock I'll probably never know. But in any case, I've cancelled StewardShip and I'm done with them for the time being.
J@hn

mmarcellus
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1618 Post by mmarcellus » October 4th, 2020, 4:40 am

Latest update for the NY warehouse: I placed an order on Friday morning which was scheduled to ship Monday. That in itself was a little unusual. Before Armageddon, orders would typically ship next day assuming that no items on the order were slated for future arrival at the warehouse. This morning, I noticed that all wines on their web site, including the ones I ordered, are now showing as not being available to ship until 10/7. My order still says it's scheduled to ship Monday, but based on past experience during the troubles that's meaningless. They don't update order delivery dates on pending orders even if the status has changed.

Since we're getting zero communications from the company about these issues we have to read the tea leaves, so here's my guess. They suspended all shipments through the weekend to work on their system issues. Things are not going well, and they are now pushing the suspension out through Wednesday. Whether shipment happens on Wednesday is anybody's guess, you'll only know your order shipped once Fedex says they have the package. Oddly enough (once again based on past experience) the order status will show a "track package" option once this happens even though their shipping information on the order does not change.

The good news is that in the past this has all eventually worked out, for me at least. The pending orders last month eventually shipped, and once they did they arrived on time and were fine. Also, charges on my CC remained in pending status until shipment took place, and so far that is the case on my current order as well. Bottom line is that we're over one month in and they still haven't come to grips with their systems issues, and it may be a long slog. I'm adopting a wait and see attitude, and I'm going ahead and ordering when I see something compelling. I don't see any risk, they're not even putting the charge through on my card so it's not even a matter of having to go to my CC company. While I don't do futures, even if I did I probably wouldn't do it with wine.com right now. I do think the relative lack of new inventory and new discounts is directly related to the current issues and is temporary, but that's assuming the company survives this disaster. A systems implosion like this could easily be a company killer, which would be a shame because there was a lot to like about what they are doing, in NY anyway.
M @ r k

Mike C.

#1619 Post by Mike C. » October 4th, 2020, 10:15 am

Chris Crutchfield wrote:
October 3rd, 2020, 6:49 pm
Dave H. wrote:
October 3rd, 2020, 6:00 pm
Yeah, I've noticed as well that the selection seems quite lackluster over the past month or two.
There’s actually some very good stuff in the NY warehouse right now but need some coupons before I pull the trigger.
h@0

John L Hall

#1620 Post by John L Hall » October 4th, 2020, 12:20 pm

I feel the same way. Even if the 100/300s don’t come back, I got my money’s worth on stewardship for sure!

John
mmarcellus wrote:
October 3rd, 2020, 7:08 pm
For NY, things have slowed down since their recent debacle, which could well be a matter of them prioritizing fixing their system issues over putting new stuff on line. Same goes for the lack of new discount codes. That said, there's still some decent stuff there, including the recent arrival of the Roilette 2019 Tardive. Plus, there's Terres Dorees Beajolais Villages, a few hard to find Pfalz Spatburgunders, along with some other nuggets. Prices overall are highish, but if you can find a 20% off deal, the prices are definitely competitive.

I certainly have no complaints about buying Stewardship. Even if I never buy anything else from them, it worked out really well.

J_Weber

#1621 Post by J_Weber » October 4th, 2020, 1:37 pm

I noticed the WDC selection for Indiana also improved quite a bit as well even as recently since last week, and I think they reallocated Indiana orders back to the NY warehouse (since the spring they had moved them to Texas or Florida - yikes). I am also waiting for a good promo code before I place a big order, but yeah I was expecting that the 100/300s tap wouldn't run forever.
- Jan Weber

Shay h arnoy

#1622 Post by Shay h arnoy » October 6th, 2020, 8:35 pm

AMF50 for 50 off of 150 on wine.com. Enjoy!

For those new to the whole scene. You can use my referral link to get $30 in credits. https://refer.wine.com/Shay23
Lots and lots of coupons in this thread which make sense if you get their free shipping club.

You all know this but enjoy the coupon code :).

Mike C.

#1623 Post by Mike C. » October 6th, 2020, 8:45 pm

Shay h arnoy wrote:
October 6th, 2020, 8:35 pm
AMF50 for 50 off of 150 on wine.com. Enjoy!
Perfect!!
h@0

Arv R

#1624 Post by Arv R » October 6th, 2020, 9:28 pm

I wonder if a skier at wine.com has sense of snark about their survival.

AMF is a steep gully at Snowmass which stands for Adios...
R_@_0

Vince L.

#1625 Post by Vince L. » October 7th, 2020, 1:08 pm

Krug Grande Cuvée 168ème is back at WineAccess

https://www.wineaccess.com/catalog/krug ... a212cddb5/

My Referral code is below. I stacked mine w/the $30 off $100.

http://share.wineaccess.com/v/vincent_7
l 3 r t

Barry L i p t o n
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1626 Post by Barry L i p t o n » October 7th, 2020, 1:39 pm

Seems like the Krug is $10 more than last time.

Cbonnell

#1627 Post by Cbonnell » October 7th, 2020, 2:18 pm

With the halt in wine.com 100 off 300 coupons I've been looking for other deals on some wines I like. Wine searcher pointed to Red Wagon Shoppe for the 2013 Hall Coeur that I previously bought on sale and with the coupons. Their price was 39.99 which was better than the wine.com price with coupons. I placed an order and they shipped it remarkably quickly so all in all a good experience. You can search their website by "% off" and it shows the Arietta "H Block-Hudson Vineyard" Red, Napa Valley 2012 at 44% off so might try that next.
Craig

Barry L i p t o n
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1628 Post by Barry L i p t o n » October 7th, 2020, 2:20 pm

I have a $100 off $250 banner, from a prior referral code. Is there a coupon I can stack with it ($30 off $100)? I don't even see a place for a promotion or discount code. There is Rakuten at 5%, but if I have to buy 2 krug for $380, I can get it for 2 for $266, ok price but not a big enough deal to motivate me vs. 375s at $75.

By the way, I have a total wine offer on one of my amex, $30 off $150. Check yours if you care.

Vince L.

#1629 Post by Vince L. » October 7th, 2020, 2:35 pm

Barry L i p t o n wrote:
October 7th, 2020, 2:20 pm
I have a $100 off $250 banner, from a prior referral code. Is there a coupon I can stack with it ($30 off $100)? I don't even see a place for a promotion or discount code. There is Rakuten at 5%, but if I have to buy 2 krug for $380, I can get it for 2 for $266, ok price but not a big enough deal to motivate me vs. 375s at $75.

By the way, I have a total wine offer on one of my amex, $30 off $150. Check yours if you care.
Typically no. You have to go through their CS to get certain discount/coupon removed or used in order of your preference from what I've read.

Also Re: Rakuten the T&C say first time buyer only now.
https://www.rakuten.com/wineaccess.com

Code: Select all

Exclusions: Cash Back is available to first-time customers only. Cash Back is not available on the purchase or redemption of e-gift cards.
Barry L i p t o n wrote:
October 7th, 2020, 1:39 pm
Seems like the Krug is $10 more than last time.
Correct
l 3 r t

Warren Taranow
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1630 Post by Warren Taranow » October 7th, 2020, 5:40 pm

Krug is gone when I log in.
"If the only prayer you ever uttered was thank you, it would suffice."
Meister Eckhart c. 1260 – c. 1328

CT - WST

Joe G a l e w s k i
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1631 Post by Joe G a l e w s k i » October 7th, 2020, 5:43 pm

For those following Wineaccess, are you creating a new account each time you order so that you can take advantage of the new customer referral?

Ben M a n d l e r
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1632 Post by Ben M a n d l e r » October 8th, 2020, 1:46 am

Arv R wrote:
October 6th, 2020, 9:28 pm
I wonder if a skier at wine.com has sense of snark about their survival.

AMF is a steep gully at Snowmass which stands for Adios...
And the favorite “cocktail” of an old college friend...certainly lives up to its name.
ITB

Marshall Manning
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1633 Post by Marshall Manning » October 8th, 2020, 8:59 am

Warren Taranow wrote:
October 7th, 2020, 5:40 pm
Krug is gone when I log in.
Warren, it shows up today, but maybe not available in WA?

https://www.wineaccess.com/catalog/krug ... a212cddb5/

If it works and you need a discount:

http://share.wineaccess.com/v/marshall_1
Marshall

Tyler Rico

#1634 Post by Tyler Rico » October 8th, 2020, 9:34 am

Here my referral like just because [beatoff.gif]

http://share.wineaccess.com/v/tyler_3

A.Altman

#1635 Post by A.Altman » October 8th, 2020, 9:41 am

A.Altman wrote:
No problem!
Sharad S. wrote:
A.Altman wrote:

Use link:
A d @ m

Peter C.
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1636 Post by Peter C. » October 8th, 2020, 10:15 am

Tyler Rico wrote:
October 8th, 2020, 9:34 am
Here my referral like just because [beatoff.gif]

http://share.wineaccess.com/v/tyler_3
champagne.gif champagne.gif champagne.gif
( z y ® y ( @

Mich@el Ch@ng
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1637 Post by Mich@el Ch@ng » October 8th, 2020, 10:59 am

Krug was sold out when I looked

Vince L.

#1638 Post by Vince L. » October 8th, 2020, 11:02 am

Mich@el Ch@ng wrote:
October 8th, 2020, 10:59 am
Still available for me in CA
l 3 r t

Mich@el Ch@ng
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1639 Post by Mich@el Ch@ng » October 8th, 2020, 11:05 am

Weird. I don’t have any more of those Amex offers anyways.

Peter C.
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1640 Post by Peter C. » October 8th, 2020, 2:04 pm

Vince L. wrote:
October 8th, 2020, 11:02 am
Mich@el Ch@ng wrote:
October 8th, 2020, 10:59 am
Still available for me in CA
Not available in MA.
( z y ® y ( @

Michael_H
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1641 Post by Michael_H » October 8th, 2020, 6:29 pm

VingardeValise has a code out for 50% off. For those not familiar, they make great suitases for transporting wine as a checked bag. They have had a lot of 50% off deals on their suitcases, but this includes accessories like magnum inserts.

Code: OCT50
M!ch@el H3nd0n

RyanA

#1642 Post by RyanA » October 9th, 2020, 12:16 pm

$30 off $150
HAPPYDAY

Wine.com
Ryan Adair

DanielP
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1643 Post by DanielP » October 9th, 2020, 5:48 pm

P@ik

Jeff L

#1644 Post by Jeff L » October 10th, 2020, 11:55 am

Hoping to try Lytton Springs as a recent Geyserville admirer.

Wine access link tho I assume most of this thread have signed up already

http://share.wineaccess.com/v/jeffrey_37
L e & i * e

Warren Taranow
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1645 Post by Warren Taranow » October 11th, 2020, 1:12 pm

Amex $30 back on $150 at Total Wine. I bought a bottle of Dom Perignon (unbelievably, the website doesn't list a vintage. Probably the '10) for $149.97, and added a bottle of ginger ale to put me over the top.
"If the only prayer you ever uttered was thank you, it would suffice."
Meister Eckhart c. 1260 – c. 1328

CT - WST

Michae1 P0wers
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1646 Post by Michae1 P0wers » October 12th, 2020, 11:09 am

RMN has 20% off wine.com right now. Selection seems to be at an all time low, having not rebounded after the recent shipping issues, but I picked up three bottles of Chartogne Taillet St. Anne for about $24 each after applying discounts.

Jim Stewart
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1647 Post by Jim Stewart » October 12th, 2020, 12:43 pm

Michae1 P0wers wrote:
October 12th, 2020, 11:09 am
RMN has 20% off wine.com right now. Selection seems to be at an all time low, having not rebounded after the recent shipping issues, but I picked up three bottles of Chartogne Taillet St. Anne for about $24 each after applying discounts.
I agree that lately the choices have been a lot fewer than usual, but it sounds like you managed to find a very good deal on that Champagne.
Age merely shows what children we remain.
-Goethe

But I've just noticed that my mind is asleep.
-Rimbaud

DanielP
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1648 Post by DanielP » October 12th, 2020, 12:47 pm

Michae1 P0wers wrote:
October 12th, 2020, 11:09 am
Killer deal for 2019 Huet Secs here in NY.
P@ik

A.Altman

#1649 Post by A.Altman » October 13th, 2020, 7:09 am

Krug 168 back in stock!
A.Altman wrote:
No problem!
Sharad S. wrote:
A.Altman wrote:

Use link:
A d @ m

Gabriel Madrid

#1650 Post by Gabriel Madrid » October 13th, 2020, 8:33 am

A.Altman wrote:
October 13th, 2020, 7:09 am
Krug 168 back in stock!
A.Altman wrote:
No problem!
Sharad S. wrote:

Boom, thanks!

Return to “Wine Talk”