Best deal/coupon for on-line wine shopping.

Tasting notes, varietals, grapes - anything related to wine
Message
Author
MichaelLee
Posts: 34
Joined: August 31st, 2020, 4:56 am

Re: Best deal/coupon for on-line wine shopping.

#1451 Post by MichaelLee » September 4th, 2020, 2:35 pm

Demian Saenz wrote:
September 4th, 2020, 1:49 pm
I had a new Wine.com offer on my Amex, and the wife’s Amex.

$10 off $50, expires Jan. 2021, lame offer but I’ll take it.

And an offer for DC.Zachys.com, $30 off $150
20% is their standard.

User avatar
Tyler F.
Posts: 105
Joined: June 22nd, 2019, 10:41 am

Re: Best deal/coupon for on-line wine shopping.

#1452 Post by Tyler F. » September 5th, 2020, 7:56 am

I just got a $30 off $100 for Wine.com on my Hilton Amex. Wife did not get the offer on the same card. :/
Tyler Fabian

Barry L i p t o n
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 3272
Joined: November 8th, 2009, 8:59 pm

Re: Best deal/coupon for on-line wine shopping.

#1453 Post by Barry L i p t o n » September 5th, 2020, 9:25 am

Chris Crutchfield wrote:
August 31st, 2020, 10:44 pm
Good for you. For your specific post above, what contribution did you add to this discussion that we didn't already know?
I didn’t know that and I appreciate his posts. One can just put him on ignore if they find it irritating? Not everyone does.
Last edited by Barry L i p t o n on September 5th, 2020, 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
J_Weber
Posts: 4
Joined: June 22nd, 2020, 10:09 am
Location: NW Indiana

Re: Best deal/coupon for on-line wine shopping.

#1454 Post by J_Weber » September 5th, 2020, 2:13 pm

Chances of Rakuten upping the cashback % for Wine.com or WA for Labor Day? I was going to place an order to be held at the warehouse but now I'm thinking something might come up.
- Jan Weber

Mich@el Ch@ng
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 5460
Joined: March 31st, 2017, 9:57 pm

Re: Best deal/coupon for on-line wine shopping.

#1455 Post by Mich@el Ch@ng » September 5th, 2020, 5:24 pm

Good deal on LRA Vina Alberdi for those interested.

https://craftcurd.us10.list-manage.com/ ... 3755a1d1dc

James Mc
Posts: 177
Joined: January 3rd, 2020, 4:48 pm

Re: Best deal/coupon for on-line wine shopping.

#1456 Post by James Mc » September 6th, 2020, 10:19 am

FYI, firstbottle has ‘18 Ridge Geyserville for $40/btl free shipping on 3. I missed when it was on WineAccess so bought this morning.
Last edited by James Mc on September 6th, 2020, 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
McCormick Seasonings

User avatar
Dan Hammer
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 5761
Joined: June 3rd, 2009, 11:05 am
Location: flight Level 3 seven thousand. NYC Metro

Re: Best deal/coupon for on-line wine shopping.

#1457 Post by Dan Hammer » September 6th, 2020, 10:58 am

Todd French, I wouldn’t necessarily mind a member of the board posting a link if...

... if he was a Grand Cru Wineberserker. This way we’re keeping it in the family if you know what I mean. These posters are generating $$, and not contributing to WB.
This space for rent.

James Mc
Posts: 177
Joined: January 3rd, 2020, 4:48 pm

Re: Best deal/coupon for on-line wine shopping.

#1458 Post by James Mc » September 6th, 2020, 11:48 am

Dan Hammer wrote:
September 6th, 2020, 10:58 am
Todd French, I wouldn’t necessarily mind a member of the board posting a link if...

... if he was a Grand Cru Wineberserker. This way we’re keeping it in the family if you know what I mean. These posters are generating $$, and not contributing to WB.
Dan - link removed. Posted because i bought some and i know folks were trying to catch geyserville on WA and missed it as it sold out quick. It popped up on FB for same price.
McCormick Seasonings

User avatar
Dan Hammer
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 5761
Joined: June 3rd, 2009, 11:05 am
Location: flight Level 3 seven thousand. NYC Metro

Re: Best deal/coupon for on-line wine shopping.

#1459 Post by Dan Hammer » September 7th, 2020, 6:57 am

Dan Hammer wrote:
September 6th, 2020, 10:58 am
Todd French, I wouldn’t necessarily mind a member of the board posting a link if...

... if he was a Grand Cru Wineberserker. This way we’re keeping it in the family if you know what I mean. These posters are generating $$, and not contributing to WB.
James, I was referring to at least 2 posters who have posted regularly to this thread. My comments came up after you posted. Sorry, it wasn't intentional.

Dan
This space for rent.

Andre M
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 505
Joined: January 27th, 2012, 10:54 pm
Location: Chino, CA

Re: Best deal/coupon for on-line wine shopping.

#1460 Post by Andre M » September 7th, 2020, 8:12 am

Vins Rare has 10% off today.

“ Spend $300 or more and receive 10% off your entire purchase.
With our already everyday low prices the additional 10% will be by far the Lowest in the USA! As an added bonus this year Spend $500+ and your entire order Ships Free (ground shipping lower 48). Please enter Free Ship in the comments sections and the shipping will be taken off your order on our end prior to charging your card.”

Code “LaborDay2020”
A M u l y o n o
CT: IndoWino

User avatar
Sc0tt F!tzger@ld
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 3890
Joined: March 12th, 2013, 7:32 am

Re: Best deal/coupon for on-line wine shopping.

#1461 Post by Sc0tt F!tzger@ld » September 8th, 2020, 10:42 am

Wine.com just delivered a $200 bottle of 2016 Vietti Ravera to my house in 90 degree heat. I had scheduled this delivery for October 2 when I know the weather will be cooler. The bottle was warm to the touch. I called their customer service number where a robo-message informed me there was no one available to take my call, and then hung up. I’m now on their chat queue behind 90 other people. I’m beyond pissed.

DanielP
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 778
Joined: October 5th, 2015, 7:21 pm
Location: NYC

Re: Best deal/coupon for on-line wine shopping.

#1462 Post by DanielP » September 8th, 2020, 10:47 am

Yeah apparently wine.com is transitioning to a new system which probably messed up a lot of orders. I was on chat with them on Sunday when I got Fedex notifications that my wine had shipped. Luckily the weather here in NY is fairly agreeable.

The CS rep though had no idea of what was going on or what to do.
P@ik

mmarcellus
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 918
Joined: January 1st, 2010, 3:51 pm

Re: Best deal/coupon for on-line wine shopping.

#1463 Post by mmarcellus » September 8th, 2020, 11:02 am

No question they're having issues with the transition. I just received two bottles which, according to their website, haven't shipped yet. It's not a big issue with me, since I get next day delivery. I'm about 15 miles from the delivery center wine.com ships from (although for reasons known only to FedEx, packages do sometimes make a round trip to NJ) so heat is an issue only in extreme circumstances. I also got charged twice for another shipment (which hasn't arrived yet). I started a chat at about 10:30 EDT and after waiting in line behind ~40 people, once the rep finally came on he assured me that the first of the two was a provisional transaction and will go away after the wine ships.

Anyone ordering from wine.com right now will probably want to bear this in mind. I imagine they'll make good on any screw ups, but I expect it will be difficult to reach customer service for awhile
M @ r k

Michae1 P0wers
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 4387
Joined: March 6th, 2010, 1:47 pm
Location: St. Louis

Re: Best deal/coupon for on-line wine shopping.

#1464 Post by Michae1 P0wers » September 8th, 2020, 11:06 am

Sc0tt F!tzger@ld wrote:
September 8th, 2020, 10:42 am
Wine.com just delivered a $200 bottle of 2016 Vietti Ravera to my house in 90 degree heat. I had scheduled this delivery for October 2 when I know the weather will be cooler. The bottle was warm to the touch. I called their customer service number where a robo-message informed me there was no one available to take my call, and then hung up. I’m now on their chat queue behind 90 other people. I’m beyond pissed.
I've had great luck with their CS email. Twice they've sent a wrong bottle, and each time they responded within maybe 2 hours at which point the correct bottle was already on its way. Of course, if they are having massive issues right now they may not be as prompt.

User avatar
Arv R
Posts: 4141
Joined: January 11th, 2015, 3:53 pm

Re: Best deal/coupon for on-line wine shopping.

#1465 Post by Arv R » September 8th, 2020, 8:28 pm

Sc0tt F!tzger@ld wrote:
September 8th, 2020, 10:42 am
Wine.com just delivered a $200 bottle of 2016 Vietti Ravera to my house in 90 degree heat. I had scheduled this delivery for October 2 when I know the weather will be cooler. The bottle was warm to the touch. I called their customer service number where a robo-message informed me there was no one available to take my call, and then hung up. I’m now on their chat queue behind 90 other people. I’m beyond pissed.
Depending on where you are there is a huge heat wave going on out West. I postponed shipments that were supposed to happen this week, and they appear postponed on the website....but who knows what will happen given your experience (and others which have reported similar). The last shipment from them ended up totally cooked - I mean bottles oozing and HOT to the touch - and that was a replacement shipment already.

There seem to be some growing pains / fulfillment issues going on.
R_@_0

User avatar
Sc0tt F!tzger@ld
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 3890
Joined: March 12th, 2013, 7:32 am

Re: Best deal/coupon for on-line wine shopping.

#1466 Post by Sc0tt F!tzger@ld » September 8th, 2020, 8:55 pm

Wine.com is asking FedEx to pick up the bottle and will deliver a new one at my later requested date (supposedly - hoping this one isn’t restocked). The sad thing is that they asked me to “just leave the bottle outside” on the day FedEx picks it up. I have it in my small wine fridge and will try to take as much care for the bottle as I can before it’s picked up.

Chris Crutchfield
Posts: 127
Joined: February 17th, 2011, 10:49 pm

Re: Best deal/coupon for on-line wine shopping.

#1467 Post by Chris Crutchfield » September 8th, 2020, 9:06 pm

Sc0tt F!tzger@ld wrote:
September 8th, 2020, 8:55 pm
Wine.com is asking FedEx to pick up the bottle and will deliver a new one at my later requested date (supposedly - hoping this one isn’t restocked). The sad thing is that they asked me to “just leave the bottle outside” on the day FedEx picks it up. I have it in my small wine fridge and will try to take as much care for the bottle as I can before it’s picked up.
Hmm, last time something like this happened to me, they let me keep the old bottle and shipped me a replacement. It's weird they are asking you to send back the old one.

JonathanG
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 661
Joined: August 7th, 2019, 10:45 pm
Location: SF Bay Area - Mid Peninsula

Re: Best deal/coupon for on-line wine shopping.

#1468 Post by JonathanG » September 8th, 2020, 10:17 pm

Same here
But mine wasnt for a $200 bottle either. Prob dont want folks trying to get a 2 for 1 on expensive wines.

System upgrades are always a challenge. Pity they are having issues. This will definitely make me double check all my futures purchases when they get the systems stable again. Fortunately i kept all my email confirmations and printed off the orders too!
J0|\|@+h@n Gr@h@m

User avatar
Arv R
Posts: 4141
Joined: January 11th, 2015, 3:53 pm

Re: Best deal/coupon for on-line wine shopping.

#1469 Post by Arv R » September 9th, 2020, 9:03 am

Chris Crutchfield wrote:
September 8th, 2020, 9:06 pm
Sc0tt F!tzger@ld wrote:
September 8th, 2020, 8:55 pm
Wine.com is asking FedEx to pick up the bottle and will deliver a new one at my later requested date (supposedly - hoping this one isn’t restocked). The sad thing is that they asked me to “just leave the bottle outside” on the day FedEx picks it up. I have it in my small wine fridge and will try to take as much care for the bottle as I can before it’s picked up.
Hmm, last time something like this happened to me, they let me keep the old bottle and shipped me a replacement. It's weird they are asking you to send back the old one.
When they sent me a replacement order (for one that had gotten lost in the FedEx system) they actually recalled the original (lost) order and had it sent back to them. So perhaps they are battening down the hatches on this potential source of shrinkage. (They did not tell me they had done that, but I was able to determine that by using my FedEx account to see all the status changes, and there was a RTS Request of Shipper)

For customers who want to do business with them on a sustainable, long term basis - having them be efficient and avoid unnecessary losses is desirable. But I don't think their problems come from people scamming them out of $200 bottles. As mentioned before, I think they will wake up in 2021 realizing what a disaster the StewardShip program has been under the original T&C. It's like MoviePass -- AYCE to the customer, when they have true marginal hard dollar cost for offering that.
R_@_0

Barry L i p t o n
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 3272
Joined: November 8th, 2009, 8:59 pm

Re: Best deal/coupon for on-line wine shopping.

#1470 Post by Barry L i p t o n » September 9th, 2020, 9:43 am

Mich@el Ch@ng wrote:
February 1st, 2020, 7:02 am
I haven’t even used the last 3 yet; I bought 2 cases of the 168 halves from them already for 60 per all in. With the stewardship it’s definitely the best price online.
I think that depends on state. In California, I thought they were $90, so couldn’t get it down enough to make it a buy for me. Was your starting price $75 on the 168s?

Mich@el Ch@ng
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 5460
Joined: March 31st, 2017, 9:57 pm

Re: Best deal/coupon for on-line wine shopping.

#1471 Post by Mich@el Ch@ng » September 9th, 2020, 9:46 am

Barry L i p t o n wrote:
September 9th, 2020, 9:43 am
Mich@el Ch@ng wrote:
February 1st, 2020, 7:02 am
I haven’t even used the last 3 yet; I bought 2 cases of the 168 halves from them already for 60 per all in. With the stewardship it’s definitely the best price online.
I think that depends on state. In California, I thought they were $90, so couldn’t get it down enough to make it a buy for me. Was your starting price $75 on the 168s?
They were 90 so you’d add a 30 wine and it’d be 200 shipped.

Chris Crutchfield
Posts: 127
Joined: February 17th, 2011, 10:49 pm

Re: Best deal/coupon for on-line wine shopping.

#1472 Post by Chris Crutchfield » September 9th, 2020, 1:06 pm

Arv R wrote:
September 9th, 2020, 9:03 am
As mentioned before, I think they will wake up in 2021 realizing what a disaster the StewardShip program has been under the original T&C. It's like MoviePass -- AYCE to the customer, when they have true marginal hard dollar cost for offering that.
Do you consider Amazon Prime to be a disaster?

User avatar
Joe G a l e w s k i
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 1292
Joined: April 27th, 2010, 9:41 pm
Location: Minneapolis, MN

Re: Best deal/coupon for on-line wine shopping.

#1473 Post by Joe G a l e w s k i » September 9th, 2020, 1:34 pm

Barry L i p t o n wrote:
September 9th, 2020, 9:43 am
I think that depends on state. In California, I thought they were $90, so couldn’t get it down enough to make it a buy for me. Was your starting price $75 on the 168s?
In addition to fluctuation due to state, I saw the price of NV Krug splits vary considerably based on time. I managed to buy some for $55 all in with discounts, but they were a much higher price before I bought, and they were a much higher price afterward. I've seen the pricing on wine.com fluctuate quite a bit for other bottles that I'm interested in. I'll save a bottle to buy later, and the price rises.

User avatar
Arv R
Posts: 4141
Joined: January 11th, 2015, 3:53 pm

Re: Best deal/coupon for on-line wine shopping.

#1474 Post by Arv R » September 9th, 2020, 1:54 pm

Chris Crutchfield wrote:
September 9th, 2020, 1:06 pm
Arv R wrote:
September 9th, 2020, 9:03 am
As mentioned before, I think they will wake up in 2021 realizing what a disaster the StewardShip program has been under the original T&C. It's like MoviePass -- AYCE to the customer, when they have true marginal hard dollar cost for offering that.
Do you consider Amazon Prime to be a disaster?
Amazon actually controls a ton of their own logistics (their own delivery people in varying formats) and has had lots of dynamic rules on how Prime works for delivery. (Fresh, Pantry, PrimeNow and all their subvariants had their own arcana for rules too) One also notices that there are incentives within the Prime system for efficiency - delivery to Amazon Lockers, returns at Kohls, fixed date delivery for bunched orders (like a Saturday etc), digital credits for slow shipping etc. They also seem to constantly optimize for cheap delivery - one never really knows if a widget will come from USPS, UPS, FedEx, AmazonFlex etc.
R_@_0

Chris Crutchfield
Posts: 127
Joined: February 17th, 2011, 10:49 pm

Re: Best deal/coupon for on-line wine shopping.

#1475 Post by Chris Crutchfield » September 9th, 2020, 1:57 pm

Arv R wrote:
September 9th, 2020, 1:54 pm
Chris Crutchfield wrote:
September 9th, 2020, 1:06 pm
Arv R wrote:
September 9th, 2020, 9:03 am
As mentioned before, I think they will wake up in 2021 realizing what a disaster the StewardShip program has been under the original T&C. It's like MoviePass -- AYCE to the customer, when they have true marginal hard dollar cost for offering that.
Do you consider Amazon Prime to be a disaster?
Amazon actually controls a ton of their own logistics (their own delivery people in varying formats) and has had lots of dynamic rules on how Prime works for delivery. (Fresh, Pantry, PrimeNow and all their subvariants had their own arcana for rules too) One also notices that there are incentives within the Prime system for efficiency - delivery to Amazon Lockers, returns at Kohls, fixed date delivery for bunched orders (like a Saturday etc), digital credits for slow shipping etc. They also seem to constantly optimize for cheap delivery - one never really knows if a widget will come from USPS, UPS, FedEx, AmazonFlex etc.
Sure, but they didn't back in 2005 when it launched.

Ben M a n d l e r
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 238
Joined: January 20th, 2019, 9:42 am
Location: Santa Rosa, CA

Re: Best deal/coupon for on-line wine shopping.

#1476 Post by Ben M a n d l e r » September 9th, 2020, 2:59 pm

This year I decided to have a moratorium on online wine buying from June 1 to October 31. The original motivation was to prevent myself from spending money while we were buying a house (closing Friday!), drink down a little of what we had, and more frequently shop at our local independent stores during the COVID downturn, but it turns out to have the added benefit that I don’t have to worry about any hot-weather shipping snafus. It’s been easier than I’d imagined - since harvest started in mid-August I haven’t had any time to think about wine buying anyway - and I’ve calculated I’ll probably save about $1,000. Thinking of making it an annual thing.
ITB

J. Rock
Posts: 851
Joined: March 11th, 2019, 4:53 pm
Location: The [West] Valley

Re: Best deal/coupon for on-line wine shopping.

#1477 Post by J. Rock » September 9th, 2020, 3:10 pm

Arv R wrote:
September 8th, 2020, 8:28 pm
Sc0tt F!tzger@ld wrote:
September 8th, 2020, 10:42 am
Wine.com just delivered a $200 bottle of 2016 Vietti Ravera to my house in 90 degree heat. I had scheduled this delivery for October 2 when I know the weather will be cooler. The bottle was warm to the touch. I called their customer service number where a robo-message informed me there was no one available to take my call, and then hung up. I’m now on their chat queue behind 90 other people. I’m beyond pissed.
Depending on where you are there is a huge heat wave going on out West. I postponed shipments that were supposed to happen this week, and they appear postponed on the website....but who knows what will happen given your experience (and others which have reported similar). The last shipment from them ended up totally cooked - I mean bottles oozing and HOT to the touch - and that was a replacement shipment already.

There seem to be some growing pains / fulfillment issues going on.
Almost the same thing just happened to me. I just received a 2017 Almaviva that was scheduled to ship 11/3/20, and this is the THIRD time they are trying to send me this bottle of wine, but they just can't help sending it in the heat. While I appreciate how responsive their customer services has been so far, I've easily spent over an hour talking to them about this one repeatedly problematic order by now. When I again went to talk to them about this plagued order, the rep said their system's been all wonky and he can't really even check on things now. It's pretty frustrating.
J o r d a n

User avatar
Joe G a l e w s k i
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 1292
Joined: April 27th, 2010, 9:41 pm
Location: Minneapolis, MN

Re: Best deal/coupon for on-line wine shopping.

#1478 Post by Joe G a l e w s k i » September 9th, 2020, 3:12 pm

Ben M a n d l e r wrote:
September 9th, 2020, 2:59 pm
This year I decided to have a moratorium on online wine buying from June 1 to October 31. The original motivation was to prevent myself from spending money while we were buying a house (closing Friday!), drink down a little of what we had, and more frequently shop at our local independent stores during the COVID downturn, but it turns out to have the added benefit that I don’t have to worry about any hot-weather shipping snafus. It’s been easier than I’d imagined - since harvest started in mid-August I haven’t had any time to think about wine buying anyway - and I’ve calculated I’ll probably save about $1,000. Thinking of making it an annual thing.
While I appreciate the sentiment, I'm rather against absolutes. What if someone offered you 2009 Château d'Yquem for $100 a bottle, you don't buy it because you made an oath? I try to raise the bar on purchases, but don't want to exclude them completely when a gift horse is within eyesight. And to be relevant to this topic, wine.com has presented several opportunities that are close to gift horse pricing.

User avatar
Arv R
Posts: 4141
Joined: January 11th, 2015, 3:53 pm

Re: Best deal/coupon for on-line wine shopping.

#1479 Post by Arv R » September 9th, 2020, 3:46 pm

Chris Crutchfield wrote:
September 9th, 2020, 1:57 pm
Arv R wrote:
September 9th, 2020, 1:54 pm
Chris Crutchfield wrote:
September 9th, 2020, 1:06 pm


Do you consider Amazon Prime to be a disaster?
Amazon actually controls a ton of their own logistics (their own delivery people in varying formats) and has had lots of dynamic rules on how Prime works for delivery. (Fresh, Pantry, PrimeNow and all their subvariants had their own arcana for rules too) One also notices that there are incentives within the Prime system for efficiency - delivery to Amazon Lockers, returns at Kohls, fixed date delivery for bunched orders (like a Saturday etc), digital credits for slow shipping etc. They also seem to constantly optimize for cheap delivery - one never really knows if a widget will come from USPS, UPS, FedEx, AmazonFlex etc.
Sure, but they didn't back in 2005 when it launched.
Maybe my memory is fuzzy on this, but I remember a $35 min back in that era.

Don't get me wrong - I'd like wine.com to succeed and prosper.
R_@_0

User avatar
Sc0tt F!tzger@ld
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 3890
Joined: March 12th, 2013, 7:32 am

Re: Best deal/coupon for on-line wine shopping.

#1480 Post by Sc0tt F!tzger@ld » September 9th, 2020, 5:55 pm

After the wine.com debacle I described above, I received an email from my local wine storage stating that the rest of my wine.com orders (supposed to deliver later this fall), were delivered today in the heat. This was about $1K worth of wine. I won’t order from them again unless I can take the shipment right then. No excuse for this.

User avatar
Dennis Atick
Posts: 8311
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 6:48 pm
Location: East Atlanta

Re: Best deal/coupon for on-line wine shopping.

#1481 Post by Dennis Atick » September 9th, 2020, 6:01 pm

Sc0tt F!tzger@ld wrote:
September 9th, 2020, 5:55 pm
After the wine.com debacle I described above, I received an email from my local wine storage stating that the rest of my wine.com orders (supposed to deliver later this fall), were delivered today in the heat. This was about $1K worth of wine. I won’t order from them again unless I can take the shipment right then. No excuse for this.
Wow. This is not a good look for them. As I said several pages ago with my issue, no excuse for it.
@decaturwinedude

mmarcellus
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 918
Joined: January 1st, 2010, 3:51 pm

Re: Best deal/coupon for on-line wine shopping.

#1482 Post by mmarcellus » September 9th, 2020, 6:51 pm

Sc0tt F!tzger@ld wrote:
September 9th, 2020, 5:55 pm
After the wine.com debacle I described above, I received an email from my local wine storage stating that the rest of my wine.com orders (supposed to deliver later this fall), were delivered today in the heat. This was about $1K worth of wine. I won’t order from them again unless I can take the shipment right then. No excuse for this.
I have two orders now that show on their site as not having shipped, even though I've received them They've at least managed to attach the FedEx tracking information to the orders, and that does reflect reality. I have no particular beef because I got my wine and I was okay with the shipping dates.

Nevertheless, their systems upgrade was obviously a disaster. Heads should roll. Any IT people here with experience in e-commerce might want to consider applying for a job there. I imagine there will be openings. The employee discounts alone would probably net you a lot of money, or cost you a lot of money depending on how you want to look at it.
M @ r k

Deepak K
Posts: 4
Joined: May 22nd, 2020, 2:55 pm

Re: Best deal/coupon for on-line wine shopping.

#1483 Post by Deepak K » September 9th, 2020, 7:53 pm

I am not the one to write here and this is my first post. I asked the chat person which part of my order was not understandable. She hung up on me and banned me from chatting again. I have 2 dozen other orders and I am worried as I live in Central Valley where weather is in 3 digits. I am copying below my complete actual chat (minus the name and order number for privacy)

Chat started: 2020-09-10 02:39 AM UTC

(02:39:09 AM) ---: Hi
(02:39:27 AM) *** Shannon M. joined the chat ***
(02:39:30 AM) Shannon M.: Hi
(02:40:16 AM) ---: I am extremly concerned about orders being shipped prior to the date requested
can you make sure none of my order gets shipped prior to the requested date
(02:40:29 AM) ---: I received one order today that was scheduled to be shipped in november
(02:40:38 AM) ---: I have other orders scheduled for later
(02:41:11 AM) ---: which part of this was not understandable
(02:41:13 AM) ---:
Requested Arrival Sat, Nov 14
ORDERED
SHIPPED
ARRIVED
Recipient -"name deleted"

Items
1
Order #
2-----4
Track Package
(02:41:24 AM) Shannon M.: Visitors who use offensive, discriminatory, or hateful language will be banned from our Chat service. If you have questions or concerns, please email privacy@wine.com
Last edited by Deepak K on September 10th, 2020, 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
K a l r a

Deepak K
Posts: 4
Joined: May 22nd, 2020, 2:55 pm

Re: Best deal/coupon for on-line wine shopping.

#1484 Post by Deepak K » September 9th, 2020, 7:54 pm

This was wine.com order by the way and as other people mentioned wrong date order is shipped i wanted to share my experience
K a l r a

User avatar
AndyK
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 451
Joined: February 17th, 2018, 4:29 pm
Location: San Francisco

Re: Best deal/coupon for on-line wine shopping.

#1485 Post by AndyK » September 9th, 2020, 8:05 pm

Maybe try not being rude next time?
k0berl

2020 WOTY Candidates
1995 Williams Selyem Pinot Noir Summa Vineyard
NV Krug Champagne Brut Rosé 18éme
2007 Marcel Juge Cornas

Tyler Rico
Posts: 4737
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 12:43 pm
Location: Nor Cal

Re: Best deal/coupon for on-line wine shopping.

#1486 Post by Tyler Rico » September 9th, 2020, 8:29 pm

17 Halcon Esquisito on wine access now, $19.99 and cheaper with quantity. This is a great price, 2018 was just released and it’s $32 direct. I’d buy a case if I didn’t already have some, great wine. Paul is a WB participant and all around good guy too!

https://www.wineaccess.com/catalog/2017 ... 992e72a62/

$50 off $150, first orders only, appreciative of you use my link.
http://share.wineaccess.com/v/tyler_3

Rob M
Posts: 121
Joined: September 12th, 2017, 12:10 pm

Re: Best deal/coupon for on-line wine shopping.

#1487 Post by Rob M » September 9th, 2020, 8:48 pm

Wine.com just shipped a case of Vietti Rocche 2016 in 90-100 degree heat to me....scheduled for October. I placed two orders of it through them so hopefully the other one did not ship, website says it didnt. 4,000 bottles produced and at least 12 destroyed by Wine.com, very unfortunate.
Rob McLaughlin

Mike C.
Posts: 224
Joined: January 27th, 2019, 12:19 pm

Re: Best deal/coupon for on-line wine shopping.

#1488 Post by Mike C. » September 9th, 2020, 9:10 pm

This sounds like a west coast warehouse issue. I haven’t had any of these issues with the NY warehouse.
h@0

DanielP
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 778
Joined: October 5th, 2015, 7:21 pm
Location: NYC

Re: Best deal/coupon for on-line wine shopping.

#1489 Post by DanielP » September 9th, 2020, 9:11 pm

Mike C. wrote:
September 9th, 2020, 9:10 pm
This sounds like a west coast warehouse issue. I haven’t had any of these issues with the NY warehouse.
No it's a NY warehouse issue too
P@ik

D@ve D y r 0 f f
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 1469
Joined: May 14th, 2016, 9:22 am
Location: St. Louis, MO

Re: Best deal/coupon for on-line wine shopping.

#1490 Post by D@ve D y r 0 f f » September 9th, 2020, 9:13 pm

Those of you getting premature shipments from wine.com, are you getting shipping notices or other indications at the time of shipment, or at lest before delivery? Or are the boxes just showing up? I have several orders set for October and November and I’m crossing my fingers that none of them showing “shipped” on the website, and no shipping notices in my inbox, actually means something. Thanks!

Rob M
Posts: 121
Joined: September 12th, 2017, 12:10 pm

Re: Best deal/coupon for on-line wine shopping.

#1491 Post by Rob M » September 9th, 2020, 9:16 pm

D@ve D y r 0 f f wrote:
September 9th, 2020, 9:13 pm
Those of you getting premature shipments from wine.com, are you getting shipping notices or other indications at the time of shipment, or at lest before delivery? Or are the boxes just showing up? I have several orders set for October and November and I’m crossing my fingers that none of them showing “shipped” on the website, and no shipping notices in my inbox, actually means something. Thanks!
Dave I got no notification at all, and since I had it shipped to storage I would not have known until Domaine put it in the system. I saw this thread and then checked my account, to see it had shipped and been delivered today. This was in CA. My other outstanding order is from the NY warehouse and doesnt show anything, so fingers crossed i guess.
Rob McLaughlin

DanielP
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 778
Joined: October 5th, 2015, 7:21 pm
Location: NYC

Re: Best deal/coupon for on-line wine shopping.

#1492 Post by DanielP » September 9th, 2020, 9:17 pm

D@ve D y r 0 f f wrote:
September 9th, 2020, 9:13 pm
Those of you getting premature shipments from wine.com, are you getting shipping notices or other indications at the time of shipment, or at lest before delivery? Or are the boxes just showing up? I have several orders set for October and November and I’m crossing my fingers that none of them showing “shipped” on the website, and no shipping notices in my inbox, actually means something. Thanks!
You should sign up for FedEx delivery alerts. I get text alerts for any packages shipped to my designated address, set to my home.

That's how I found out my packages had shipped. CS rep had no idea what had happened and had never heard of this happening. I'm guessing that's changed in the last 48 hours
P@ik

D@ve D y r 0 f f
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 1469
Joined: May 14th, 2016, 9:22 am
Location: St. Louis, MO

Re: Best deal/coupon for on-line wine shopping.

#1493 Post by D@ve D y r 0 f f » September 9th, 2020, 9:24 pm

Rob - you checked your Domaine account or your wine.com account? I have checked my wine.com account and it still shows all my orders as placed but not yet shipped.

Daniel - I do normally get FedEx alerts for wine.com shipments but was wondering if they weren’t going out in these cases since it all seems to be driven by a software snafu. I’ve not gotten any FedEx alerts, so I take that as a good sign.

Rob M
Posts: 121
Joined: September 12th, 2017, 12:10 pm

Re: Best deal/coupon for on-line wine shopping.

#1494 Post by Rob M » September 9th, 2020, 9:29 pm

D@ve D y r 0 f f wrote:
September 9th, 2020, 9:24 pm
Rob - you checked your Domaine account or your wine.com account? I have checked my wine.com account and it still shows all my orders as placed but not yet shipped.

Daniel - I do normally get FedEx alerts for wine.com shipments but was wondering if they weren’t going out in these cases since it all seems to be driven by a software snafu. I’ve not gotten any FedEx alerts, so I take that as a good sign.
Wine.com account. Usually takes a bit for Domaine to put it in so I’m glad I read this thread. I guess I’ll email them and ask what the box looks like....
Rob McLaughlin

ChrisWolff
Posts: 52
Joined: December 4th, 2019, 9:49 am

Re: Best deal/coupon for on-line wine shopping.

#1495 Post by ChrisWolff » September 10th, 2020, 3:22 am

How about we start a ‘wine.com shipping issues’ thread and you guys can talk about all this there and we can leave this thread for actual deals?

User avatar
JulianD
Posts: 777
Joined: June 29th, 2016, 2:09 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Re: Best deal/coupon for on-line wine shopping.

#1496 Post by JulianD » September 10th, 2020, 10:17 am

Tyler F. wrote:
September 5th, 2020, 7:56 am
I just got a $30 off $100 for Wine.com on my Hilton Amex. Wife did not get the offer on the same card. :/
I have yet to get a single Wine.com offer on any of my/my wife’s 5 Amex cards.
Davies

User avatar
Arv R
Posts: 4141
Joined: January 11th, 2015, 3:53 pm

Re: Best deal/coupon for on-line wine shopping.

#1497 Post by Arv R » September 10th, 2020, 10:40 am

Sc0tt F!tzger@ld wrote:
September 9th, 2020, 5:55 pm
After the wine.com debacle I described above, I received an email from my local wine storage stating that the rest of my wine.com orders (supposed to deliver later this fall), were delivered today in the heat. This was about $1K worth of wine. I won’t order from them again unless I can take the shipment right then. No excuse for this.
I guess people are going to have consider that part of their value proposition is that Hold til Requested Ship Date doesn't work as intended for this vendor. Bake it into the 'deal' when considering a transaction.

There are actually a lot of popular vendors (that WBers use) that I don't do business with because their T&C or other business practices don't work for me.
R_@_0

Chris Crutchfield
Posts: 127
Joined: February 17th, 2011, 10:49 pm

Re: Best deal/coupon for on-line wine shopping.

#1498 Post by Chris Crutchfield » September 10th, 2020, 10:44 am

Arv R wrote:
September 10th, 2020, 10:40 am
I guess people are going to have consider that part of their value proposition is that Hold til Requested Ship Date doesn't work as intended for this vendor. Bake it into the 'deal' when considering a transaction.

There are actually a lot of popular vendors (that WBers use) that I don't do business with because their T&C or other business practices don't work for me.
Generally, this particular retailer has been good in the past about making people whole in instances like this. Instead of writing them off entirely, perhaps we can consider that this is just a technical glitch that they will hopefully fix sometime soon?

User avatar
Arv R
Posts: 4141
Joined: January 11th, 2015, 3:53 pm

Re: Best deal/coupon for on-line wine shopping.

#1499 Post by Arv R » September 10th, 2020, 10:51 am

Perhaps. Some of the wines may not be 'replaceable' at this point. And if (cooked) wines are just reshipped back to them, and then recycled back to new unwitting buyers, that doesn't do anyone any good. For some people they may not find out they have stewed juice til a decade later.

So vendors with these kinds of issues should be discussed. For some buyers, getting a refund, on a wine they can't find anymore doesn't help so much. I grant that wine.com doesn't generally traffic in Unobtainium, but it can be vexing in any case.

To be clear: I'm willing to live with their growing pains, wish them well ... and am polite on chat/phone with their stressed out CSRs.
R_@_0

User avatar
Jeff_M.
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 788
Joined: July 18th, 2019, 7:39 am
Location: SoCal

Re: Best deal/coupon for on-line wine shopping.

#1500 Post by Jeff_M. » September 10th, 2020, 11:12 am

Arv R wrote:
September 10th, 2020, 10:40 am
Sc0tt F!tzger@ld wrote:
September 9th, 2020, 5:55 pm
After the wine.com debacle I described above, I received an email from my local wine storage stating that the rest of my wine.com orders (supposed to deliver later this fall), were delivered today in the heat. This was about $1K worth of wine. I won’t order from them again unless I can take the shipment right then. No excuse for this.
I guess people are going to have consider that part of their value proposition is that Hold til Requested Ship Date doesn't work as intended for this vendor. Bake it into the 'deal' when considering a transaction.

There are actually a lot of popular vendors (that WBers use) that I don't do business with because their T&C or other business practices don't work for me.
This one is mind boggling to think they would ship wine during the heat. They know that wine can't handle high temperatures. I've held back from purchasing anything online from a retail vendor during the summer just for this reason.
Jeff M 0 l l

2020 WOTY Candidates
2007 Yangarra Estate High Sands Grenache
1986 Spottswoode Cabernet
2012 Hartford Court Arrendell Vineyard Pinot Noir

Post Reply

Return to “Wine Talk”