TN: 2012 J. Christopher Pinot Noir Lumière

• 2012 J. Christopher Pinot Noir Lumière - USA, Oregon, Willamette Valley, Eola - Amity Hills (1/9/2020)
    Day 1: Soy, cranberry, strawberry, floral and minerals. Wonderful showing again. Nice fruit and medium plus finish. This will age another 3 or 4 years but is so good now why not consume. 92 points
    Day 2: Solid again and consumed. Cranberry, strawberry, underbrush, minerals and floral notes. A pretty, flavorful wine. Medium finish. 92 points
    Recommendation: While I believe this will age a few more years it is drinking great now. Drink now to 2022. (92 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

My understanding is that J. Christopher is now minus Jay Somers. I’ve always found his wines tasty. Lots of talent. Former Cameron-ite, many moons ago.

RT

Nice photo link Ron. Jay’s 2007 Dundee Hills Pinot was my intro and surprisingly good. His whites are definitely worth a look. I’ve been hit and miss at the Carlton Studio but you’ve got to respect Andrew Rich and Eric Hamacher is still very under-rated. Tasty age-worthy offerings. Loved his 2011 Pinot.

RT

September 2019 - Wine Industry Advisor > … ers-studio

Sounds interesting.