TN: 2018 Paetra Gewürztraminer (USA, Oregon, Willamette Valley, Van Duzer Corridor)

Berserker Day discovery and will buy again this year. Great job Bill!

• 2018 Paetra Gewürztraminer - USA, Oregon, Willamette Valley, Van Duzer Corridor (1/9/2020)
    Fresh spring flowers but still somewhat reticent upon PNP. I’m mesmerized watching the yeast swirl around on the surface of the wine. Lychee, Grapefruit with sharp tart acidity on the front of the palate that fades into that Gewürztraminer twang. Long and enjoyable finish. It has some roundness to it that I don’t associate with steel. This wine is not super chiseled. It’s bright, but there is so much more going on — another lovely wine from Paetra and fine QPR.

13.5% ABV.

Posted from CellarTracker

Thanks for the note, Sean. Grabbed a bottle when visiting the winery last February. Need to find that bottle and pop the cork!

Or unscrew the cap!

Yes, forgot these are screw caps!

We had a couple of those as well. Interesting wine and interesting choice of grapes to make it with. It’s not my go-to grape so I was particularly intrigued. Always nice to see someone taking some risks. And good job with the screw cap too! Those can go south pretty easily, and this one was way better than the unfortunate wine we had last night - from a different producer.