2015 Bedrock Vineyard Under the Mountain Carignan

I came across a few bottles of this in my basement. Don’t remember where it came from. Couldn’t find anything written about it anywhere. No CT notes. Nothing I could find on the Bedrock website. Nothing on WB either. So I popped a bottle and let it sit for a couple of hours then had it withe some spaghetti. Nice wine. Reminds me of a young Chianti with bright acidity and grippy tannins. Cedar nose with currant and sour cherry on the palate. A good match for pasta with red sauce. I’m sure it would keep for a few years, but it’s pretty nice now.

1 Like

Yeah, interesting there’s no CT entry. Maybe a test batch. The first regular release from there is the '16, which is a field blend of Zin and Carig. Maybe a little PS? (Don’t recall for sure. There’s a lot of PS in the lower block, which Bedrock doesn’t source.) It’s the old Mary Carter Vineyard which David Bruce sourced circa 1970, on Redwood Retreat. Further down the road, upslope are Bates Ranch, Martin Ranch and Fernwood Cellars. On the other side of the ridge line to the south is Hecker Pass. Lots of old vines here and there in that area. You’ve got a unicorn wine, somehow…

1 Like

Apparently. It has to have come from the winery. I also mentioned it on the Bedrock thread which looks pretty active, but no one has commented.

PM Morgan??