Joseph Voillot?

Curious about this producer but haven’t seen the name come up too much. Anyone have experience with the wines?

Very elegant old school cote de beaune producer. A variety of excellent Pommard and Volnay wines, and his Bourgogne Rouge is probably one of my favourites. I’ve never been disappointed.

Yes. Don’t tell anyone, but a good source now that prices for d’Angerville and Lafarge have gotten a little silly. (not quite in the same league as those two, but still very good wines.)

opened a 02 Volnay Champans around a month ago, bloody good wine

visiting them in April!

Classic producer, elegant wines in Volnay. Very excited about the visit

super producer under the radar.

Love Voillot. Classic and excellent.

Voillot is great. top rung of Volnay albeit different style from Lafarge / d’Angerville etc

It’s been a while since I’ve seen Voillot, but back in the day, it was very clean & smooth & correct, with no rough edges nor anything that might resemble eccentricity or rusticity or backwardsness.

It was a very safe choice to make - definitely not for risk-takers nor gamblers.

Absolutely agree with the thoughts here. I’ve been buying his Volnay villages and 1er Champans almost every year. His 2007 Champans has been lights out delicious since release.

In addition to the Volnay Champans, I’ve also had good bottles of their Pommard Rugiens.

I agree!

Also, if you can get your hands on the wines from the early '80s, especially 1980, they will blow you away!

The whole array of Pommard and Volnay 1ers is very nice. I have been partial to the Champans and relatively rare Pezerolles.

Agree with the comments above! Joseph Voillot makes excellent wines that (thankfully) fly under the radar.