TN: 2017 Hudelot-Noëllat Vosne-Romanée

Wanted to catch this wine before it closes down. Much deeper in color and aromatically than the 17 Chambolle. Lively mix of dark berries spread across a well-rounded, expansive palate. After 20 min in the glass vosne spice comes out in spades. Very youthful at this point obviously but will become something special with time. I will be sitting on the remainder of my bottles.

Agreed, a beautiful wine, and in 2017 a definitely step up over the Chambolle AOC bottling. Just wrote up my notes on it from bottle for TWA.

Had many of his 2017s in barrel a year and a half ago, but they were hard to taste, although they seemed long and promising. Cannot wait to taste more at the Paulee in NY in March.

We had this and the Chambolle in a small 2017 horizontal about a month ago, and it showed really well. I think most of us agreed it was stronger than the CM. Two other excellent wines in our tasting were Bertheau Chambolle Villages and Faiveley Mercurey Clos des Myglands.

Have been pleased with the 17s I’ve tried thus far. Agree that the Vosne villages is a stronger wine this year, but the Chambolle is very charming in its own right, just far lighter, and it will likely come into maturity sooner.

Can’t stop drinkin the 17 Bourgogne!

His malos are normally quite late so can be hard to taste early, I try to go towards the end of my time in Burgundy each year. You are in for a treat at La Paulée.

Need to get my ‘17 Bourgogne out of storage.

Thanks but not surprised. I am a big fan.

Also, see my notes having tasted the 2017s while they were undergoing malo. Visit to Burgundy and Champagne - WINE TALK - WineBerserkers