2014 Raveneau MDT

Any notes? How was it?

2014 François Raveneau Chablis 1er Cru Montée de Tonnerre - France, Burgundy, Chablis, Chablis 1er Cru (01/01/2020)

From the winelist @ Fizeau | Bright, attractive citrus nose. On the palate ripe and juicy with intense, rich citrus, concentrated with length and power. Happy New Year with great wines and great times! (93 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

What a great way to end the year.

Raveneau MdT is grand cru quality for me.

Thanks for the note. I have a couple but have resisted popping one. Cheers :clinking_glasses:

had it in Amsterdam a few months ago, open for business

Yes and less mineral and focused as expected! Where did you drink the MDT in Amsterdam Alan?

White Room I think it was called.

EC99F163-48DA-49F5-9B05-5FDCAF8BA198.jpeg

Thanks Alan, have not been there, but will go soon!

it was a strange meal—first half was great, service and food, everything. Then as the restaurant got busy, they completely and totally forgot us. I was going to stand on the table and wave my napkin. The perfectly paced meal fell apart with sometimes 45 or more minutes between courses and we left not too happy. First half of the meal probably would rank as a top ten meal—but we would now never return.

Amsterdam must be ground zero for Raveneau. Gebr Hartering had a well-priced selection when we were there a few years ago.

had the '09 MdT last night. Absolutely singing. Quite plump and round but awesome dry extract, texture and chew.

Thanks for the note Barry.

80FF2482-F870-48AE-B5B3-62B641B33D7F.jpeg
Brussels has its share also.

Very Nice ! How was it?

a little lean but enjoyable.