TN: 1964 Cote-Rotie: John Harvey and Sons Limited (N.Rhone, France).

1964 Cote-Rotie: John Harvey and Sons Limited (N.Rhone, France).

I purchased this rare bottle some years ago. This Cote-Rotie was shipped and bottled by John Harvey and Sons Limited, wine merchants based in Bristol (UK). I stood it up for 24 hours prior to opening. The excellent condition cork came out in one piece and was printed with ‘Harveys of Bristol’. A medium strawberry red colour with a terracotta rim. Heavenly aromas waft from the glass. These include pot pourri, fine Cuban cigar, dried fruits and forest floor. The slightly sweet mouthfeel is silky, with a bearable lightness of being. Such a pleasure to drink this, my last bottle from a memorable trio. Are there any more bottles left in the world?

IMG_2898.JPG

Beautiful note on a beautiful bottle.

Your wines and therefore your posts are very sui generis. Wish they made corks like they used to. Happy New Year!

That’s fun to contemplate - that it might be the last bottle on Earth.

Thank you, as ever.

Yes, thanks for posting; I haven’t seen you here in a while. I especially liked the “bearable lightness of being.”

Thank you Michael! Happy New Year to you too!

My pleasure Joshua. Thank you for your kind words.

As others have noted, this is a tremendous note :slight_smile:. Very poetic.

Thank you Nick. Greetings of the season to you.

Always love the note presentations on the wonderful old wines you drink, Nicos. This is another beauty. Happy New Year!

Nicos (or anyone) – Any idea who made the wine? I see it was bottled in Bristol.

Also, where the grapes may have come from?

Thanks for the note and photo.

Nick,
Thank you for your kind words.

Mark,
A happy New Year and greetings of the season to you too! I appreciate your feedback!