TN: TablasCreek Counoise '17...(short/boring)

Tried this wine the other day w/ Susan:

1. TablasCreekVnyds Counoise Estate/Adelaida/PasoRobles (14.2%) 2017: Med.ruby color; lovely very perfumed strawberry/cherry/high-toned/some Brachetto-like/very spicy/floral/cherry blossom rather Marzemino-like slight earthy/dusty not very Rhonish beautiful nose; fairly tart/tangy very floral/strawberry/cherry/cherry blossom rather Marzemino-like slight earthy very high-toned flavor w/ light brisk tannins; very long/lingering high-toned very floral/strawberry/cherry/cherry blossom slight earthy finish w/ light tannins; a beautiful high-toned very fragrant red that reminds a lot of Marzemino w/o the sharp tannins; Margot Fonteyn tripping across the palate in Swan Lake; if you put your ear to the glass, you can hear Mozart playing in the background. $35.00

A wee BloodyPulpit:

1. This is a relatively new addition to the TCV lineup. Easily the best Counoise I’ve ever had. Not much Rhone character but a dead-ringer for a great Marzemino.
    Tom

Tasted this at the winery about a month ago and loved it (and brought home a bottle). I got more of a Rhonish character than you but, honestly, I think I’ve tasted Marzemino twice and so don’t have an adequate frame of reference to make a comparison there. In any event, a very tasty wine.

This has been around a while. Looking at my consumed records on CT it appears that I’ve drunk 2 different vintages of the Tablas Creek Counoise - 2005 and 2010. I have no recollection of the '10, but have vivid memories of drinking the '05 in 2007 in the campground at Pinnacles National Park after hiking from New Idria for 3 days. The fruity Cinsault was great with BBQ’d sausages! After that fine interlude it was back on the road, heading West for 3 days through Chalone and up to Arroyo Seco to the gates of the Ventana Wilderness.