Chris Freemott's Zaltos & Grassl

This is well known here, but Chris Freemott is extraordinary in his customer service and kindness. I’ve placed two orders with him in the last two weeks, and both times he went wildly above and beyond to ensure the glass was here in time for my deadline. He’s generous, the stems and decanters are exceptional and he has the best prices, bar none.

Go to Chris for your wine glass needs.

1 Like

The Grassl glasses have become my go-to stems. The Mineralité is a fantastic glass for Riesling as well as Champagne, and makes a perfect test glass for almost anything.

Chris did not have access to the Zaltos I needed recently and it killed me to do business elsewhere. Absolutely 1st rate customer service.

You can see his glasses and decanters here: https://cjfselections.com

To be clear, I have no affiliation with Chris or his brand except that every one of my dozens of Zaltos and multiple decanters have come from him.

You guys are too kind…It’s quite appreciated.

We are doing two things in 2020:

1 - I’m looking for wholesale accounts nationally. So if you’re ITB and interested, reach out. We’ve locked up production at our facility in Slovakia and have committed to a 60,000+ unit run this year.

2- The site (www.cjfselections.com) is about to be current (it may be, I need to check my admin handles IT for me) but I’m introducing a “try them” model using a reusable box I designed that can hold and protect the glasses. In short, you pay the shipping and you can get the glasses, give them a try and then return them. On orders over a 6 pack - I’ll rebate the shipping fee.

BTW Neal…I have the Champ’s in stock for Zalto should you have a need. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ditto on the comments about Chris. His service is exceptional. And I love the Grassl stems. They get used nearly all the time now instead of the Zalto’s or Gabriel’s.

+1,000. Chris is now my go to for glassware. I appreciate his responsiveness and overall customer service.

Read the thread and agree, Chris is always awesome to deal with. Just ordered 6 Bordeaux and 6 Burgundy Grassl stems. Looking forward to trying them.

I bought Grassl glasses last Berserker Day (I hope there are more opportunities this year, hint hint Chris!!!). They are my go to glass at almost every opportunity. The only time I don’t use them is when I want to feel rustic and drink an Italian wine out of a rocks glass.

So I guess what I am saying, I echo everything already said in this thread!

TW

+1 on both the customer service and the glasses. I use the Grassl Liberté almost all the time now. They hold up very well - I’ve broken one, but it was my fault.

I can also attest that Chris is the best. We’ve bought both Zaltos nd Grassl’s from him and every time he’s gone above and beyond, always without even being prompted. Top notch service and product. What more can you ask for?

I’m going to get some stems in the next couple weeks, and was looking at either the Zaltos of Grassl as I was reading about them from last years BD (and hoping they show up again this year!). Can someone give me a short explanation as to the difference between Zaltos and Grassl, other than look? How did you guys decide between the two?

Broke an 1855 recently. I struggle with putting stems in the dishwasher and the 1855 just doesn’t seem to fit well so I hand wash. It is a little harder to hand wash than the Zalto Universal. That said, it is a much better stem.

This thread reminded me of the replacement offer. Thanks Chris for the great service.

How tall and how big are the bowls on the 1855 and Mineralite compared to the Zalto Universal?

The website linked above has dimensions of each glass.

Received my glasses through the usual Freemont excellent service. I like the Bordeaux stems, but I suspect if you use the Zalto Burgundy stems, you might be disappointed in the Grassl stems. They seem a little too small for me. But awesome stemware overall.

Sorry for the thread bump. Came across this thread looking for info on Grassl wine glasses, went to Chris’ site and have a question.
On the site, I found some discounted “WB” items with a bit of searching. I missed Wine Beserkers Days this year, but are these items for Wine Beserkers? $55 Liberte glasses discounted down to $35? That’s a killer deal.
Anyone know what the deal is with the “WB” items?

This guy pops in pretty frequently and will be able to answer. Sending out the bat signal!

Chris has extended BD pricing for a period of 72 hours (I got the email Monday). I’m a little surprised that you are able to access the sales pricing as the email said you had to follow a specific link to get the special pricing.

The sale is still on for a few more hours

You can access it via a commerce corner link
OR
go to the original WB Sale day link from this January and use that one in my original post.

If you need help - find us

info@cjfselections.com

We monitor this all the time and one of the three of us (me, Mark, or Phil) will respond.

If we REALLY screwed up (and we do) - use Chris@cjfselections.com so I don’t have to admit to my team I’m an idiot.