TN: My concerns my 1995 Bdx would never come around were unfounded

1995 Château Lynch-Bages
Simultaneously luxuriant, understated and elegant. The fruit has blossomed and the tannins settled, something I has concern the '95s would never pull off. Currant, blackberry, tobacco balanced with just the right cut and tannins. A gorgeous wine with dinner.

Thanks for the note. Count me as a big believer in where the 95s will end up/are ending up.

Don’t have a bunch of them, but I’ve been disappointed that I opened every GPL I’ve had. Seems to be so much more to offer than it is giving at present

Yea me too, Neal. I went through all three of my Lynch Bages. Should have known better. I still think 96 is a better vintage.

I’ve had the 95 GPL 6 or 7 times since 2015 - at least half of them were closed up tight, but 2 of them were glorious (though just entering their drinking window) in a style I really dig.

95 Right banks have been good for many years, and I much prefer those.

Canon La Gaff was great recently

http://www.bordeauxwineenthusiasts.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8658

Yes, so far the '96 have been showing better for me also. The '95 Trotanoy I tried last year was utterly closed for business and I have been keeping my hands off of GPL and Calon, both of which obviously I own. I still harbor hope that it will come around, so nice to see/hear signs that this is the case.

Arv, you seemed to like the C-La Gaff better than most; or am I misreading?

I think the 95 Leoville Les Cases is getting there. Still a little closed but feels like it’s on the verge

The 95 Sociando Mallet… yum.

A recent 95 was even better than a 96

The Jean Gautreau is the best 2005 that I’ve had outside of first growths

'05 or '95?

Either way, that’s super cool! Go Jean Gautreau!

Yes I think Godot has arrived but the 1995s are very different from the 1996s more lithe and racy, less punchy/concentrated/dense/obvious but there is still a wall of denial/lot of naysayers…inevitably.

http://www.bordeauxwineenthusiasts.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8704

I’m close to giving up and emptying my 2 mixed cases down the drain! :frowning:

Thanks to my favorite and reliable sages that voiced out their $.02 here, I’ll keep holding.

For those who like to check out at milestone years, it’ll be 25 next year.

Oops. 1995. The 1996 damn good too.

Any recent tasting notes on the 95 Mouton? I tried a bottle several years ago and it was completely closed. CellarTracker notes indicate that it is just coming around. Thanks in advance.

The 95 Cos has been pretty terrific as long ago as like 2010, Ramon. You brought a wonderful bottle of it to a tasting, I recall.

But that said, I don’t plan to crack into my big guns from 95 until they hit 30.

Sadly, Jean Gautreau has gone.

Oh yes, the BWE days when Jim How was pounding the table for an SM that he said will trounce everything that night. When blind tasted, we all knew which one it was and he didn’t recognize and declared it as his worst wine of the night. Funny dude.

One of the best Bordeaux I have tasted was the '95 Pontet…sadly the following bottle a few months later did not show as well.