No Girls Wines...2016 release. Who's buying?

I actually came close to not buying anything in the 2015 release but was weak and bought three each of the Grenache and Syrah. The email just came around again for the 2016 release. If going by weather and vintage characteristics alone, I’m pretty excited about the 2016s in general. The team at No Girls does a nice job even in hot years like 2015, but I’d hope they’d really shine in 2016…a far more ideal growing year.

The 2015s were $226 per 3-pack, and the prior three vintages were all steady at $225 per 3-pack. I’d anticipate this year to be sub-$230 based on that. I always get miffed at mandatory 3-pack purchases, but that seems to be the M.O. with anything under the Cayuse banner.

Thoughts on these? Who is buying?

I am in, or plan to be, I think they make great wine.

We use the next release notice as our signal to try the previous release, so we will pop our first 2015 bottles for the holiday!

I really like these wines.

The best value in the Cayuse portfolio by a wide margin.

The 3-packs for many of the Cayuse single vineyard Syrahs are $270 per 3-pack, so I’m not sure if I agree with the, “…wide margin…” part, but I get what you’re saying. That’s certainly true when it comes to comparing them to Horsepower or Hors Categorie! With the No Girls, to me, they’re a brighter, more medium-bodied interpretation of Rhone varieties (not Tempranillo) than the Cayuse versions, which I think tend to be bigger wines.

I love these wines, will be buying.

Yessir! Wish I could hold long enough to try with age. So far not successful.