08 Dom in gift box: $143.99

just picked up 6.

Manager said he can order as many bottles as people want till Dec 31. Stater Bros. in Fullerton, CA. Don’t know if that applies to other Stater Bros. where there is now a 40% off on 6 bottles or more. Phone number 714-257-0460. Manager is Erik. I dealt w Frank, though.

Again, they actually have or can get the wine. 08 Dom Perignon.

Addendum: Frank told me “any Stater Bros.”

that deal is nuts. i would love to know how different the pricing is out there. weird to sell wine at a few dollars profit unless it’s coming in at some super low price?

my guess is store mgr gets credit based on sales volume and not profit. Grocery store margins are tiny. He was excited to give, I mean, sell them.

Wow that’s a great price!

ahhh. i could see that. not sure that’s legal here but in CA makes sense.

That’s a pretty good price although it’s like 155 each w tax; the best price I’ve found was something like 148 net.

Up until recently — maybe still — HEB in Houston had 08 Dom for $134.99 for a purchase of 6. I’m stopping by Central Market this afternoon to see what they have for their 25% off French wine sale.

Remember the 99 DP gift baskets Costco sold online and at retail in 2009…$49! [highfive.gif]

Wait. So 144-40% if 6+ bottles?

Surely it’s $240 * 0.6 (40% discount). If it’s 144 * 0.6, holy crap, I’m going to back up the truck!

Just seen some at $139.99 locally. I was buying a 2001 Pavie and had to walk away, but it was pulling me in. Maybe I will go back tomorrow for a few.

143.99 after discount

I almost flew out to CA. Ha!

Costco in Los Angeles on Washington Blvd. still has them for $159.

It’s $134 at Central Market for the next week.

And HEB should have a sparkling wine/Champagne sale starting on the 26th.

Awesome, thank you! This just happens to be my local Stater Bros. champagne.gif

WineSearcher Pro is starting to show many offerings sub $150

true, but most at $149.99. I was pretty happy to find $143.99. In a few years it will be a $300 wine. But by then we will all be chasing 2012.

Costco in Calgary, Alberta has been selling it for CAD180 (USD 135) for months now.