TN: AnthillFarms PinotNoir PetersVnyd '13...(short/boring)

Tried this one last night:

1. AnthillFarms PinotNoir PetersVnyd/SonomaCoast (west of Sebastapol; farmed by RandyPeters for 25 yrs; 13.4%; www.AntHillFarms.com) Healdsburg 2013: Med.light color; beautiful very perfumed/PN/black cherry slight peppery strong toasty/pencilly/oak fairly spicy some complex bit Burgundian nose; somewhat tart/tangy very spicy/PN/cherry/black cherry fairly toasty/pencilly/oak complex flavor w/ light smooth tannins; very long/lingering rather pencilly/oak strng PN/cherry/black cherry finish w/ light gentle tannins; seems fully mature; quite a lovely mature Calif Pinot. $nc (DK)

A wee BloodyPulpit:

1. My first try of an AnthillFarm wine. This was gifted to me by Dave Kammerer on his recent visit here to SantaFe. This wine reminded me quite a lot of an older Boheme TaylorRidge Pinot.
    Tom

I had a 12 Peters Vineyard a week or two ago. It was very good, though I honestly think AF pinots are better younger than that. And I’m generally much more to the side of aging wines (including California pinots) longer compared to most people. But AF really seems better to me first 5 years or so from vintage.

Contrary to what I think is the more common view around here, I think the Sonoma pinots of theirs are better than the Anderson Valley ones. Campbell Ranch, followed by Peters, are my favorites of theirs.

I’ve had a few Peter’s and very much enjoyed them. I need to pick up a few more.

I’m in a similar camp of enjoying the Sonoma bottling from AHF more than AV wines. The Peters Pinot is second to the Peters Syrah for me at this point but bot are so damn good. Gifted a Peters Syrah recently to a family member to show them something different. Year and year out some of my favorite Syrah, sorry topic drift.