2016 Tenuta Argentiera Bolgheri Superiore - BestBuy

2016 Tenuta Argentiera Bolgheri Superiore

Perfect Xmas wine. It will please everyone, promised. Such fresh, polished, balanced and elegant.
And you don’t have to rob the bank. BestBuy for 55 Euro. A blend of 40% C.S, 40% Merlot and 20% Cabernet franc. Also 2015 is superb.

True GRANDEZZA

IMG_0267.jpg

We had on Christmas eve with pasta. It was excellent with a few hours in the decanter. Costco in the states has it for $60 so picked up a few more. We visited in Sept as well. Beautiful winery and location on Bolgheri.

Cheers

On our Bolgheri trip earlier this year, Argentiera was our overall favorite discovery. Great value wines and not too overdone. The vineyards are stunning too - a true stone’s throw from the Tyrrhenian coast.

I saw the thread title and wondered when they got into selling wine outside of electronics.

Very good producer, if a bit modern.

We did a pre-Xmas vertical 2011-2016 in Potsdam . And I was impressed by the quality&style of 2015&2016, very polished&elegant. Fair to say 2011-2014 were too modern for me, but well-made.

I guess that there was a change of the cellar master starting vintage 2015. Our host who visited the estate in summer was also impressed by the beauty of the estate and vineyards.

1 Like