TN: 2014 White Rock Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon (USA, California, Napa Valley)

• 2014 White Rock Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon - USA, California, Napa Valley (12/14/2019)
    This wine has just entered my top ten wines of the year. Beautiful nose featuring funk, dust, blueberries, raspberries and gravel. Good concentration and medium plus finish. This has all the stuff for another decade of aging. Just picked up a six pack of this. 94+ (94 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

I haven’t tasted their wines in a decade…but they used to be a great traditional producer that wasn’t spiffed all to heck

Kirk the wine was saved when the fires hit as it was in their caves. The distributor bought a bunch of their wines to help them out and I am glad they did as this wine for $55 is a winner.

Love White Rock. Thanks for the note.

The Chardonnays are also really nice.

Those caves were more vast than I expected initially…glad to hear they were able to save the wines due to the caves.

2014 White Rock Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon - USA, California, Napa Valley (12/19/2019)
Day 1: Second pour and much better than the original. Blueberries, minerals, cherry, earth, coffee beans and spice. Medium plus finish and concentrated wine. Some oak present but well integrated. 93 points
Day 2: Now we are talking. Getting the funk from the tasting last Saturday. Minerals, cherry, blueberries, spice, coffee beans, blackberries and tobacco. Medium to long finish and picks up some menthol. Excellent depth on this one. 94 points (93 points)