TNs: 05 Drouhin Chambolle 1er, 00 St I Seven Springs, 16 Cristom Mt. Jeff, NV Roederer

• 2005 Joseph Drouhin Chambolle-Musigny 1er Cru - France, Burgundy, Côte de Nuits, Chambolle-Musigny 1er Cru (12/14/2019)
    Brought to Le Pichet and paired with roast chicken. Popped and poured. Darker ruby. Deep nose of black cherry, raspberry, violets, damp cellar, forest floor, plum pits. Powerful and somewhat imploded on the palate with evidence of black raspberry, blackberry, iodine, cinnamon, iron, and graphite coursing across the tongue. Firm tannin and ample acidity. Long, brooding finish of dark fruit, iron, and earth. Very, very young and just beginning to wake up. Keep. (91 pts.)
  • 2000 St. Innocent Pinot Noir Seven Springs Vineyard - USA, Oregon, Willamette Valley (12/9/2019)
    Crumbling cork. Deep ruby color. Nose of astringent cinnamon, iodine, raspberry, violets, and earthy. Fresh, vivacious raspberry and mulberry fruit complicated by iron and brambles on the palate with just a hint of astringency at the end. Vibrant acidity and smoothed tannin. Moderately long finish of brier, black cherry, and ferric grip. Best bottle yet but could age for years more. Great with grilled salmon. (90 pts.)
  • 2016 Cristom Pinot Noir Mt. Jefferson Cuvée - USA, Oregon, Willamette Valley (12/2/2019)
    Half-bottle purchased to accompany an outrageous pork cutlet from Isetan basement food floor. Darker ruby color. Nose of damp cellar, plum pits, violets, iodine. Dark fruited on the palate but fresh rather than extracted, with layers of black raspberry, plum, and cinnamon. Moderate acidity and firm tannin. Excellent for the price and great with the meal. (90 pts.)
  • NV Louis Roederer Champagne Brut Premier - France, Champagne (12/2/2019)
    Half-bottle purchased in the basement food emporium of Isetan Shinjuku to accompany sushi and a pork cutlet from same locale. A reliable performer, the wine displayed a pale white gold color, with a nose of fresh citrus notes, hints of apple core, and biscuit. Lovely elegance and piquant white fruit on the palate, with layers of grapefruit, white pear, Parmesan, and apple notes. Nice depth on finish. (90 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Almost went to Le Pichet this week, your wine and mention of roast chicken makes me regret my decision.

Kris,

It takes an hour to prepare (which is actually pretty miraculous) but that roast chicken is so worth it. We always try to bring a nice red burg to pair with it. Hope you get there soon.

Cheers,
Doug

I’ve probably had it 20x over the years…its great with frites.

You’ve cemented I’ll get by soon for sure.

Happy holidays Doug.

KP

Same to you Kris. While we waited we sampled the head cheese and mini-charcuterie, which filled the hour nicely. We are so lucky in this town.

Doug

Agreed, hoping tariffs don’t put too much a pinch on places like Le Pichet. Love the corner seat up front by the window as you walk in on the left.

Could sit there all day.

Ever hit their sister store Cafe Presse and read a magazine or paper while having a coffee, then chicken and frites with a nice Burg?

Kris,

Have not had the pleasure of going to Cafe Presse yet. Will remedy that soon.

Cheers,
Doug