TN: 2005 Switchback Ridge Cabernet Sauvignon Peterson Family Vineyard

• 2005 Switchback Ridge Cabernet Sauvignon Peterson Family Vineyard - USA, California, Napa Valley (12/10/2019)
    This is a beautiful wine in a very good place right now. Pop and pour at a client Christmas party. Sorry this is my last bottle because I think it will get better over the next five years or so. It is beginning to show the positive complexity that you get with age. The tannins are softened and the subtle earthy dark fruit is poking its nose out from the background. Still maintains the power of a Napa cabernet without the harshness of youth. Very smooth and silky with lots of assorted red fruit. (94 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Nice, Jay. I had a 2006 Switchback Merlot Peterson Fam Vyd. last weekend that was signing. Great wines.

1 Like

Great note Jay…2005 is a special year for Switchback.

Wow, subtle is the last thing I expected to read. The last ‘05 I had was a massive glass staining behemoth.

Nice, Jay. I had a 2006 Switchback Merlot Peterson Fam Vyd. last weekend that was signing. Great wines.

One of the better Merlot producers in my opinion. I also love their Petite Sirah’s

1 Like

Oops, eyes read title and brain said Petite Sirah. My time is nearing.