2008 Cristal giftbox with 2 flutes, worth it?

Are the flutes that come in this gift box worth it? Are they thick and clunky? Or do they look elegant and light? Do they have some ugly logos on the flutes?

Thx

Are you sure you want to drink Cristal (or any Champagne) out of a flute, regardless of the quality of the glass?

It’s going to be a gift. And from the picture it doesn’t look like a typical flute that is narrow.

Can you post a link so we can see what you’re talking about?

https://www.la-champagnerie.com/Mobile/champagne-louis-roederer-cristal-2008-coffret-2-verres-c2x27858654

It looks almost like Riedel Sauternes sommelier glasses. Which would probably be a pretty good shape with champagne too.

I’ guess Lehmann Jamasse Prestige, which are very nice, indeed.

Gift pack containing one bottle of 2008 Louis Roederer Cristal Champagne, and two Champagne glasses. The special Cristal glass was co-designed by Jean-Baptiste Lecaillon, Cellar Master of Louis Roederer and Philippe Jamesse, Head Sommelier at Les Crayères in Reims. It is produced in limited edition by renowned French glassmaker Lehmann. The unique shape and size allows Cristal its full expression.

The price quoted in that link makes the cost of the glasses and extra packaging well within reason for the gift giver (over the price of the standard gift box in my market). I’d be a buyer…maybe even for myself given some attrition in the glass population at my place.

Cheers,
fred

I have two of these from a set; they are not great. A spin of the glass reveals uneven thickness at different points. Never use them

Contrary opinion here - I quite like the Jamesse Presitige Grand Champagne glass. These are the mouth-blown version, similar in size and shape to the regular line, but thinner. They look very similar to what they are calling the Cristal-specific glass. They are our default champagne glass for everything except very old bottles, when I usually want a small-ish white wine glass, and some which I feel work better in GGGs.

I just took several out of the cabinet for a close examination and was not able to discern any significant variation in thickness of the glass, except in the stem. I’ve always found some differences in stem thickness with more delicate glasses. Zaltos, for instance, have noticeable variation.

I think it pretty cool they are packaging such a nice gift box. So many are rather cheesy. Kudos to Roederer.

Fair enough!

Yes, as I mentioned above the Jamasse Prestige are excellent; I have not noticed significant variation, and usually use them over Zalto or GGG. They’re about $40/stem, making it a reasonable deal.