TN: 2009 SQN...Grenache Esto No Es Una Salida / On The Lam...

• 2009 Sine Qua Non Grenache Esto No Es Una Salida Eleven Confessions Vineyard - USA, California, Central Coast, Sta. Rita Hills (12/7/2019)
    79% Grenache, 15% Syrah, 3% Viognier and 3% Roussanne. First impression…velvet smoothness! WOW…a pinotesk plushness here…gorgeous liqueured berry fruits, more to the red spectrum, deep and full flavored…yet with an elegance? This might be the most elegant SQN I’ve ever had?..and I’m diggin it! LOVE the white pepper and whole cluster spice in this…dusty cedar, red licorice, dried bing cherry, smoked vines…violet and dried potpourri florals abound. There’s a wonderful savoriness here…those spices and vein of earthy minerality balance out the sweet and rich fruit to perfection. REALLY really impressed by this wine! Better than the Syrah imo. (98 pts.)
  • 2009 Sine Qua Non On The Lam - USA, California, Central Coast, Santa Barbara County (12/7/2019)
    48% Roussanne, 34% Chardonnay and 18% Viognier from the Eleven Confessions and Bien Nacido vineyards. At the 10 year mark, a tremendous showing! EVOO viscosity…shimmering gold and green metallic color…nose explodes with butter rum spice, apricot jam, candied pineapples, match strike, exotic white honey butter, honeysuckle florals. Rich and creamy, again, evoo viscosity in the mouth…yet a citrus freshness that gives it a good acidic tang and cut through the richness. SO complex and layered with amazing flavors as the nose…as well as lychee florals, white pepper spice…a honeycomb waxiness, slight char of wood…amazing length and balance…not weighty at all. WOW…so so sorry to see this last bottle go…but what an exit! (97 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Dug up at least 3 more On the Lam in the cellar, thanks for the note Buzz.

sounds like a nice evening

Lucky you…I’d drink one every three years from here. [cheers.gif]

My man.